Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chewing Chloroplast

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
My guinea pig, Ginger, has a habit of chewing along the top edge of the chloroplast in her cage. I've read on here that it is not healthy and that you could use apple bitter spray along the chloroplast. I have bitter lime spray from my dog because he chews his feet. Would that be okay instead of apple bitter?

ctinaw

Cavy Slave
Chances are - it's ok. Check the ingredients to be sure.

fadedcoat

Cavy Slave
my pigs were chewing the chloroplast a while back and I bought a pack or two of cheap plastic report covers from Office Max - the kind that come with a plastic binder spine to keep it all together? I used those binders and put them all along the top edge of the chloroplast as a sort of lip, and they don't even try to chew on it now. It was a bit tough to get them on but it was worth it - and it puts a nice finished edge on your cage, too!

dixiedoo4736

Cavy Slave
my pigs were chewing the chloroplast a while back and I bought a pack or two of cheap plastic report covers from Office Max - the kind that come with a plastic binder spine to keep it all together? I used those binders and put them all along the top edge of the chloroplast as a sort of lip, and they don't even try to chew on it now. It was a bit tough to get them on but it was worth it - and it puts a nice finished edge on your cage, too!

Thanks fadecoat! That is an awsome idea! I'll have to go out and get some when I get the time.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.