Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Helloooo!

Scotty Mc

Cavy Slave
Hi there,

I'm new to this forum after stumbling across it accidently. We have 3 pigs named Butch, Boris and Bert.
Butch and Boris came to us at the same time as babies and are now approx 6 months old. Bert on the other hand arrived at the weekend, 18 months old as he could no longer be kept by the family who had him.

Butch and Boris live together in the same cage and even though they are both males, the live together relatively peacefully! Bert lives in his own cage and to be honest, we haven't seen him for days. He is doing well however!

Thanks

Scotty

Hello, and welcome to the forum!

Hope that Bert is just a bit nervy and settling in, rather than unwell. It would be worth the stress to take him out, and give him a good once over, just to make sure he is well. This link will help: Guinea Lynx :: What's Normal? It is really important that he is eating and drinking.

Would love to see pigtures of your boys!

Welcome to the forum!

Make sure to take note of the sticky threads on the top of each subforum they are full of info! I'm also going to give you a few links that might help you out you might have seen them but just to be safe I'll give them anyway. First is a link to a page on links then a link to Kleenmama's hayloft the hay there is absulutely great from what I've heard (I don't have piggies yet but I'm getting some soon). I also heard it is cheaper then Oxbrow (another online hay site). Your piggies sound wonderful and I bet Bert is just settling in but I would take him out and look him over like Jarbax suggested. I would also take him to the vet if you haven't already in case you don't have a vet he's a great page on finding a vet it's the third link. Anyway I hope you are enjoying the site as much as I am and if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer them,

PS. Pigtures are a must!

https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/...ost-first.html

(broken link removed)

Guinea Lynx :: Finding a Veterinarian

Well I hope Bert is just taking his time settling in. Do realise that we all love pigtures. :) Also, are you planning to quarentine Bert and then moving him in with Borris and Butch? Just a thought.
None the less, welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay!

Welcome to the forum, hope you enjoy it here :)

Hi,

Sorry for the lack of replies. It's been really hectic with working, an internet connection that works when it wants to, and DIY!

Bert is fine, he seems to be settling ok and regularly pops his head out to check we are there. As for pigtures, I'll be cleaning them out tonight so I'll get them sorted ASAP.

Thanks for the warm welcomes!

Scotty

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.