Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Chew Toys

CavyHubby

Cavy Slave
I am going to make some custom chew toys for the piggies. I know of a wood shop in Atlanta where I can get any type of wood period. What would be the ideal wood for them to chew upon?
Safe Journies
Samuel

CavyHubby

Cavy Slave
Hmmmmm I just remembered my parents live up in Gilmer county, They got apple orchards like crazy up there, I wonder if I could get a few logs to trim down on the table saw and use...that might work?

Safe Journies
Samuel

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
That's a nifty idea...I searched this forum and saw that VoodooJoint posted that Apple, Willow, Aspen, and Pine are all safe for piggies to chew...the Aspen and Pine have to be kiln-dried, though, I think. I have to take one of my piggies to the vet right now, but you can search the forum on the top right of this webpage and find more info. :)

Oh, and as a little tip, my piggies LOVE chewing on paper towel and toilet paper rolls (with all the excess torn off and the rolls cut lengthwise), especially when filled with hay. My piggies don't even like to chew on wood!

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.