Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hey

cavyar

Cavy Slave
My name is Zach, and I have two guinea pigs right now. One a Himi and the other a Heartly. Their names are Angel and Snowball, Snowball being the older one and the dominant one as well. I have been a cavy slave for about 2 years and I basically always give in to my piggy's wims. I also have a cavy website, (website edited out by mod) its justa guinea pig club and a forum....nothing big-but please visit it if you have time. Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
I'm sorry but we don't allow members to try to get members for their forums through this forum. It's says cavy club. Also I can't tell if your forum or site supports breeding.

I do welcome you to our forum and hope you stick around to learn more about cavies.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Hey there and welcome to the forums.

FoolOnTheHill

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum :)
What does a Heartly pig look like, I have never heard of those?

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
Hi

I've recently added to my herd and I now have 3 girls, Lily being the second oldest at 23 weeks is boss over Buttercup at 25 weeks and Toffee at 12 weeks. I got Lily first, she is a tortoise shell and white, followed by Buttercup who is a cream self and finally Toffee who is a white and golden rex. The girls are wonderful and I have learnt alot considering I have only been a cavy slave for 4 months, just yesterday I made them a new cage, it is now a 2 levels and app 2x8.

Anyway, welcome to the forum. Enjoy!

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
From what I could google, it seems a Dunkin Hartley is the same thing as a PEW (on some sites it says "albino") but there are no such things as albino guinea pigs.

All the sites that mention these pigs seem to be research/laboratory sites.

crazywiggy

Cavy Slave
Lab use different "strains" (like breeds) of animals depending on what they're being used for.
Dunkin Hartley is the most common type of lab guinea pig, and they are indeed PEW.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.