Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coro

PiggieNewbie

Cavy Slave
Should I cut it myself and keep the extra I have a 2x4 cage.

Not sure what to do, is it hard to cut? Scared it won't be straight when I score it either...HELP

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
You can usually have the shop where you buy it do the major cuts for you. They usually don't charge for this either. Then you can take it home and score the edges yourself. It is very easy and don't worry about whether it is straight or not. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Good luck and post pics when you are done.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
You really can't make a mistake that some duct tape can't fix! lol

This link should help you. Good luck, and make sure to post pics when you're done!

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Having a T ruler handy will help you mark the coroplast and cut it straight across. Having it perfectly straight isn't that important functionally, but if you are an OCD perfectionist like myself you will probably want it straight anyway! :p

PiggieNewbie

Cavy Slave
Is it best just to take the whole sheet home and cut it yourself?

CavyHubby

Cavy Slave
You can usually have the shop where you buy it do the major cuts for you. They usually don't charge for this either. Then you can take it home and score the edges yourself. It is very easy and don't worry about whether it is straight or not. It doesn't have to be perfect.

Good luck and post pics when you are done.

If you buy it from a graphics shop, they will cut it to size for you. Be sure to ask for the drop...is good for projects. I doubt they will score it for you and make it a pan for you, but they might mark it for you if you give a detailed diagram. If you are truly that concerned, They sell ready for the cage coro here.
https://www.guineapigcages.com/buycc.htm

Safe Journies
Samuel

kayleemommy01

Cavy Slave
How much coroplast do I need for a 2x4 cage with a 2x2 loft? This is my first cage and I am not sure. Also, how much fleece would that be. I am temped to by a whole bolt and just keep it. Especially if I like the pattern. Or just go back every couple weeks and get a few more yards of it.

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
To determine how much coro you need, you have to measure the inside spaces on both levels then figure out how high you want the sides to be and add that to the length and width. For example- If your cage is 28" wide and 43" long then if you want 6" sides, you would add 12" to both the 28" and the 43". Then that will give you 6" sides all the way around. If you want the sides higher or lower just take that number, times it by 2 and add it to the length and width.

kayleemommy01

Cavy Slave
ok I will let my husband handle that part. So you build the grids first to what ever size you want the cage then measure the inside and add to the length and width measurement what you want the sides to be.

socal805

Cavy Slave
When I bought my coro I had the sign shop cut the sizze for me and got only what I needed. I really wish I would have bought the whole 4x8 sheet. Coroplast is not hard to cut yourself. I would buy extra because in the future you might need more for ramps/extra levels and general add ons.

jilovecavies

Cavy Slave
I just got another 4'x8' sheet and some smaller sheets yesterday...some words of advice: make sure you aren't driving a sedan or small car to drive it home! Luckily, I have a minivan so it wasn't a problem, but it's just something to keep in mind.

And yes, kayleemommy, you want to build the grids first.

We have the grids set up for the first floor 3x4 for our two boys, but haven't cut the coroplast yet so their 2x4 is just set inside that frame. They know they're getting an exapnsion, though!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.