Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello people!

~Roland~

Cavy Slave
Hi, my name is "chip" my one guinea pigs name is Roland. I got him a few monthes ago and just now realised his cage is not big enough. I came across this website and like the idea of a C&C cage so i am in preporation of making one. I am planing on buying the cubes from target but the set isnt big enough for the cage i had in mind, and i tired to get some spare connectors from the store here, but it isnt working..... does anyone know why? if so please tell me!:confused: oh, and is 3x3 grids enough for 1 pig?

Last edited:

rabbitsncavyluv

Cavy Slave
They usually don't sell extra connectors at Target. You can order them online. Do a search for the websites. You can use cable ties too. Unless you're building a second level and need more reinforcement.

2 by 3 is the min for one pig so 3 by 3 is plenty big.

pigsforlife

Cavy Slave
As an alternative for using connectors you can buy cable tyres/zip tyres from a hardware store, they work just as good. Go to the end of the following link:

https://www.guineapigcages.com/cubes.htm

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Have you thought about getting your boy a buddy? Once you get a bigger cage, I'm sure he would love to have a friend to play around with in his new space. ;) Here is a link for info: https://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm. Oh, and make sure to post some pigtures so we can see your little guy! We all love to see new piggy pigtures.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.