Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello from Charleston!

jdancer99

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone! My name is Lindsay, and I'm a first grade teacher in Charleston, SC. I don't have any kids but consider my crew of pets my children. I have 2 cats, Kyle and Chloe, and I just got my guinea pig Emily from another teacher that is no longer able to care for her. She is about 1.5 years old and sweet as can be. I am in the process of finding her at least one new friend and getting her a C&C cage. I know she'd love a friend as she's constantly trying to chat with the cats. Somehow, the larger cat seems afraid of her which is kind of funny. I'm looking forward to all the help, advice and support everyone will be able to give me here. I'm a bit out of practice...I had 2 guinea pigs when I was much younger.

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum and good luck with Emily.

RayFay

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! Emily will be very happy when you adopt her a friend! :)

sugarsugar

Cavy Slave
HI!!!! want can do is go to your local store and bye a c&c cage thing!! then what i did was was put all the peices together ( make it any size you want). i got black big poster board to put in the bottom of it. my daddy put string ties (they r a little like twist ties but a lot stonger) well anyway he put them on there at made the door for her cage come all the way up. when i want to clean my cage i take all the toys out and pull the black poster board out and dump in a trash can! I hope this helps, if u need more descriptins just mail me!!!!!;)

Last edited by a moderator:

envisionary333

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum! There are as many ways to make a new cage as there are people who make them, so have a look in the photo galleries and forums to get some inspiration! As for finding your piggy a new friend, petfinder.com is a wonderful place to start! In case you haven't seen it yet, check out this link as a starting point: https://www.guineapigcages.com/forum/introductions/17032-newbies-please-read-post-first.html.

We will be happy to answer any questions or concerns that come up! :)

Jenni_Feathers

Cavy Star, Photo Contest Winner
Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum, I'm glad to hear that your getting her a friend. My cats were afraid of my piggys when I first got them it was so funny.:silly:

Last edited:

kayleemommy01

Cavy Slave
I am from Charleston! Nice to see someone on here from there. Welcome!

sugarsugar

Cavy Slave
yes, i got your message and i want to ask you some thing. My piggie sleeps all day andhardly ever wakes up. she is not sick and not old. whats wong with her. OH!!! one more " how long do piggies live"?

THANKS!!!!!

sugarsugar

Cavy Slave
nic3e i like it se ftcv

newpiggiemommy

Cavy Slave
Jdancer99, welcome and enjoy! There is sooooo much information on here to read. As questions arise, just post them you will get more answers than you need. I love this forum and I believe I am addicted to it! I am on here EVERYDAY! I learn something new every time I am here!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.