Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

C&C cages & Newborn pups?

HollynPigs

Cavy Slave
Hi i was wondering if it is safe to put new-born babies in a c&c cage with their mother, and having 2 cats? Would they get out, and is it safe? :confused:

CavyLover94

Cavy Slave
How big are the spaces? Are your cats used to the guinea pigs? If not, I would recomend that you put a top on the cage. I accidentally bought a pregnant pig from the petstore and her babies could fit through amazingly small places. Another thing that you could do is put coroplast along the edges if you haven't already done so.

HollynPigs

Cavy Slave
Wow thanks for the quick response!
Actually i havent built the c&c cage yet, im getting the supplies right now! (im actually ordering the grids right now :D )
Heres what the website says:
  • Whitmor set of 4 pink wire interlocking storage cubes
  • Assembled cube measures 14.75"H x 14.75"L x 14.75"W
  • Model No. 6071-978
  • Online only
Shipping Weight (in pounds):
Product in Inches (L x W x H):
14.25 x 14.25 x 14.25

Its the pink cubes from walmart online, i cant find them anywhere else and am just ordering them and having them sent to our walmart store!

So are the measurments okay?

Holly

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Sorry here I'm getting a little confused. Do you have a pic or anything so we can view them or a link that leads to them? For the baby some people double up the grids and for the coroplast it needs to be up the minimal 6'' high. Babies are so small and if they want they can just jump right out. And with the cat I would defiantely have a top if they aren't used to them.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
My computer is being stupid so I can't see them...just make sure the holes for the grids aren't more than 1.5''. But I would do the above if you have babies.

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
I believe that your cubes might be a tad too big. You see, the site's measurements go by 14-inchers. I had the same problem, I bought mine from target and when I finished the cubes actually had to go inside of the coroplast box. So if you can find 14 inch cubes, you're better off buying those. But you can always just adjust the measurements.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.