Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Vegetarian

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I just went veggie, and it's been ten (full) days. It was sort of difficult convincing my dad that I was serious, as he thought it was just a phase, but I've kept with it!

What made me change? Well, it wasn't spur-of-the-moment, exactly. I had been thinking about this for a few years, and I had been feeling bad eating meat for a while.

I was searching for a list of products tested on animals for future reference, which led me to www.peta.com. This, in turn, led me to go to www.goveg.com. I had previously viewed the video at www.meetyourmeat.com, and that's when I started to feel bad about eating meat.

I'm so happy! Are there any other vegetarians (or aspiring veggies) out there? Vegans are awesome, as well! Meat-eaters are also welcome to post, just clarifying. =)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Oh god, that meetyourmeat film was horrifying. Thats what got me thinking. Then, the farm which is a reality show (with vanilla ice, oh yeh, ice ice baby lol), showed them raising animals to be sent off. They also showed a pig being cut which just made me feel even more awful.

Also, I don't know why but since I have had my guinea pigs I feel so guilty when I eat meat. SO, thats why I will try to become a vegetarian. I really am going to try my hardest.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Oh gosh, yes. The cow branding is what really scared me! I was like, OMG!!! How can anyone do this to these poor animals! If you haven't checked peta out, they have some great stuff. They'll even send you free stickers and a veggie starter kit! Go to (broken link removed) to see it as well.

Good luck, I really hope it works out for you!

Also, the IAMS thing shocked me (peta). I was not aware that pet foods were being tested on animals. They really care about their animals, don't they! It makes me so mad.

Oh, and www.peta2.com is for teens, it's a cool site. It addresses issues such as dissecting, circuses, etc. You can sign up, earn points by helping out with some issues, and earn free stuff! It's so cool.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the great links!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I am a veggetarian. I have no idea how long it has been but like a month or more. The stupid computer wouldnn't let me watch it. Have you tried tofu yet? Have you tried veggie burgers (ou can see the veggetables in them), chik patties (they taste like chiken but are made out of soy), there are sausage things which are made out of soy too (they taste like sausage). I like them all. At Walmart there are recipes for tofu.

What I don't get is why the test like shampoos, conditoners, soaps, etc. on animals. There is no reason too.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
yea, my computer wouldnt let me watch the video either.

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
My computer wouldn't let me veiw it either.

loves2travel

Cavy Slave
why is it doing this? is there any way to fix it?

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You just have to face what you have to. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Whenever you're feeling weak, go to the peta website. Just read. You'll feel awesome again!

Also, hold on, I have to check the link to the video. One sec...

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
You have to click on the pic of a cow on the right. Or... here's the link:

https://www.petatv.com/tvpopup/Prefs.asp?video=mym2002.

Choose your player, and there you go!

If you have problems, there is a little link that says, "problems viewing video?"

Hope you all watch... everyone should at least know the trurh.

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I *am* the only one. Just tell them, straight out, that you want to go veggie. If they say no or something, well, they can't force you to eat meat. Make them know you're serious and that this isn't some random phase. You can order a vegetarian starter kit!

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Forget about that. Do you want another? That's what you have to think about. Everyone has to face what they've already done, but can you face your future? That's what really counts. You'll save 95 animals a year. That's about 8 a month, or 2 a week. You're saving about 1/4 of an animal a day, or one every four.

Seriously, just check out www.peta2.com. It's awesome, and there are message boards there that can help you with questions and stuff.

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I am the only one also.

TinaFabulous

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Yes, you can just print the kit. You can click to get it on adobe.

At fast food places, if you eat fish you can have that... otherwise, some are selling veggie burgers. Subway can make you a tuna sandwich... it's sort of hard at fast food places, but you can order a salad (no meat) if all else fails, or you can just get some fries. I don't really go to any of those too often, but I think there is a link to some issues like that. I'll find it. Um, ok: (broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.