Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Other How do I do this? - hermit crabs

__ben

Cavy Slave
I was gifted a hermit crab today its name is FDR (my friend has a weird sense of humor). and I have no idea how to care for him/her/it are there any trusted sources on the Internet? Links and help appreciated.

PurplePoe

Cavy Slave
Re: How do I do this?

Are we allowed to refer people to other members? cause I think landhermie would be all over this. I, personally, don't know much about them.

Poe

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Re: How do I do this?

Landhermie is probably your best bet. I'm certain the help you need will be along soon.

I'm going to add hermit crab to the title though to insure it gets attention.

__ben

Cavy Slave
ok, thank you, I kinda assumed landhermie would come to the rescue. Anyway Im worried about bedding and tempratue currently. Can I use play sand? or is fish gravle better? Where should the tank be? Also how many shells should I put in for molting? I have alot of questions.

Kevin K

Cavy Slave
HCA: Hermit Crab Association :: Index

all you need to care for hermit crabs, thats the site I used to use when I had hermies. It has alot of neat stuff to help them live long happy lives.

odds are you have a purple pincher. Provide something for him to climb on, some water. maybe even a little pond for him to go in, its all explained there at that site :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.