Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hi...

AmberEyedPiggy

Cavy Slave
hi... I have seen this site for a long time, but didn't know how to sign up and stuff, so now I'm in... I am a little new to c&c cages, but not to guinea pigs. I have a boar myself and I am very happy with him:p...I have no access to c&c cages, so I decided to recycle some big cages I had... I will be done in September and post the picture as soon as I can... I will be waiting for comments, too...I got my piggy from a pet store, and as it turned out, he was sick. He had fungus, and the vet didn't help us either. so I decided to take the matters in my own hand and began to smear him with people's anti-fungus grease. So now he is a healthy piggy with a very happy owner...I wanted to ask you guys a question though: do 2 males usually fight in one cage? because I really want to get my piggy a friend, and I'm scared that they will fight...So please help!:?::cheerful:Thanks

lynn's Cavies

Cavy Slave
Hi and welcome to the forum!
Not all males fight. You would have to introduce them on neutral territory. It all depends on their personalities. But I'm sure other people have had more experience than I and will be able to give some better advice. :)

GailtheGuineaPg

Cavy Slave
Welcome, I'm sure you'll be able to find all kind of info about guinea pigs while you're here. Regarding introducing a friend to your boar, there are excellent tips on Cavy Spirit. There are two steps: Quarantine and Introduction. Hopefully if you follow these steps you'll be able to find him a cagemate!https://www.cavyspirit.com/sociallife.htm#Quarantine

JarBax

Cavy Slave
Hello and Welcome! I love your avatar picture - I presume that he is your boar? What is the handsome chap's name? I have four girls - so not personal experience of boars, but I do know lots of folk on here who have boys happily together. How old is your present pig? Cage size can make a huge difference to how well piggies get on - the bigger the better! :cheerful:

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
My boars get along great! Cage is a big thing and the size of your cage. Having at least a 2x4 you would most likely need for two boars to live at peace with eachother. Also the ages help a lot. I have a four year old, one year old, and one around three months and they get along great.

AmberEyedPiggy

Cavy Slave
thank you everybody!
JarBax: I'm sorry, but that was not my piggy, mine looks a little different. I got the picture somewhere, and I loved it from first sight- the look on the piggy's face is so like mine piggy's.My piggy's name is Tutty(tutis in my language).And thank you everybody for the tips-it means a lot!
Tulia&Susie- my piggy is one year old, and I am gonna get another piggy, so the difference between them will be like 8 months I think... I hope they will get along well...

^dawn^

Cavy Slave
Hi :) It's great that you are getting him a friend! I am hoping to get my girl a friend too and I've had some of the same concerns, I have heard that girls are easier to pair up but I am nervous about bringing home a new piggy and having them not get along. I hope everything works out for you. Good luck!

seagirl96

Cavy Slave
A lot of times piggies get along right from the start and get so happy to see another piggy. It is so adorable when they get all excited and go skipping around together. Everyone advises to just try to let them sort it out for themselves unless there is bloodshed. Most piggies do just fine.

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
8 months is a pretty good distance for age. You should do just fine with them. Good luck with intros.

AmberEyedPiggy

Cavy Slave
Me again!I just wanted to ask this thing: is anybody had to deal with fungus on guinea pigs?Because we are out of that grease we smeared him, and now he is beginning to itch again.So does anybody have any home recipes? Or maybe some smears that work good??Thanks xDD

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.