Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Thought I'd introduce myself before going nuts posting...

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
I made it all of a day, not even, really... as it's still the same day as I first actually visited this site... apparently I'm just not cut out to be a lurker. But I have been reading on this site about the awesome cage ideas that was linked in a discussion on a parrot forum, actually, in a discussion on hamster cages. So a little round-a-bout, but I'm glad I got here for sure.

I must say that the sign-up is me-proofed, though! The first question was: do guinea pigs have tails? And I went, hmm, I believe they do have unfused vertebrae in the right spot, though there is not musculature... end result: WRONG. Next question was what else are GPs called? I said 'cavy' but must have spelled it wrong... the site took pity on me and asked: what color is a blue sky? and though I was suspicious, I got that right, finally. LOL

I don't have any pigges, though I almost ended up with two when I foolishly went to a local shelter. (You all know how it is, I'm sure- so cute!) I know I can't have one right now (or rather, two, as I want a pair thanks to this site) but hopefully in the coming year I will be settled enough to justify adding another pet. My aunt does have cavys, though, kept in several ways this site lists as inadequate: too small cages, with a rabbit, etc- I sent her a link and will convert her ASAP since it just makes so much sense and she loves them all anyway. They already get what they need, dietarily, so it's just the cages that need updating.

Anyway, right now I'm living with the two family dogs, both with issues we're training the heck out of and both from the local ASPCA who will sadly be left with the parents when I move out this summer for graduate school, but my new rescue Quaker parakeet will be coming with me as will my three leopard geckos and my aibo. (Aibos are robots but still pets, not toys, and I've had him for almost 4 years now and still in love.) I bought one gecko from a breeder fair, but I knew the guy (breeder), and the other two were gifts. I feel a little guilty for buying Zat, the gecko, but there isn't a huge leopard gecko overpopulation problem that I know of, and I got them down on the price as he's blind. (broken link removed)is my gallery, hopefully this isn't against the rules, but I couldn't find anything saying you can't post non-piggie pics in an intro?

Anyway- I keep wanting to chip in on things, but like I said on the title I figure I should say who I am first, etiquette and all.

Also- for people who have a hard time spelling- I don't know where this would be best to say it, so hopefully I can say it here and enough can read... Firefox is a great, more secure web browser with built in spell check and it's free! Check it out, saves me spelling errors all the time.

So hey all! In a few months maybe I'll be on asking for GPs with pathetic stories to wiggle into my heart- until then I'll settle for reading the excellent info and joining in on fun debates.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave
Welcome and THANK YOU thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!

...for reading the rules before posting! As one of the Admin/mods on the site I wish I had an award to give you. The rules aren't hard (they just seem to be) but so few take the time to read them.

The only place you cannot post pet pictures, be it GP, dog, lizard, etc, is in the photo galleries. Just properly size your photos and you can put them directly into a thread.

Once again welcome and I hope you have some fun here.

Alusdra

Cavy Slave
Ok, sweet. Er... where are the picture dimension requirements? I found this thread where you talk about it, but didn't see dimensions in that either.

VoodooJoint

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator!
Cavy Slave

SummerAnne

Cavy Slave
I must say that the sign-up is me-proofed, though! The first question was: do guinea pigs have tails? And I went, hmm, I believe they do have unfused vertebrae in the right spot, though there is not musculature... end result: WRONG. Next question was what else are GPs called? I said 'cavy' but must have spelled it wrong... the site took pity on me and asked: what color is a blue sky? and though I was suspicious, I got that right, finally. LOL

Don't feel bad, I had the same exact problem when I registered!

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Welcome and THANK YOU thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you thank you!!!
That is a heck of a lot of thanks already! ;) I'll add my own to the bunch though, and a hearty welcome! I'm sure you will find a ton of information to make your future guinea pigs healthy and happy for many many years.

Twitchy

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome! :) thanks so much for giving us a great introduction of yourself and sharing your animals with us as well. I'm sure you'll have a great time here and gain the information you need for your future piggies ❤️

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.