Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Dog cleaning up after floor time!

socal805

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I'm pretty new here and to the world of GP's..my 2 piggys have been getting used to floor time, we have had to start out with a smaller floor time because when I had it the size of a room they just hid all day. So now they like floor time and the other day after I put them back in their cage our little dog decided to come in and help me clean up....PLEASE NOTE: THE PIGS WERE NOT IN THE BOX!!!!!!!!

This other pic is of the floor time area..I put down different boxes every day for them and they seem to enjoy exploring..we're going to work on expaning the floor time area in the next week or so

Floor time is messy! It's a good thing that I have a little helper! :D

Hah, that's great. What a dog you have.

haha! My dog does the same thing after the piggies have been on the grass! I hear piggie poos are good for your lawn...

LOL! It's the same with my dog. If she wasn't so scared of the pig's terrifying humongous cage she would be in my room every day eating the poopies up off the floor and out of the cage!

My dalmatian makes sure every last poop is eaten. I knew someone who actually saved all the poopies for her dogs - not sure I would go that far. Apparently they are healthy for them though!

LOL I don't think I would save them either for my dogs!

Fecal matter of any animal is not healthy for dogs. In fact you are risking your dogs' health. There are many different forms of bacteria, parasite and disease they can catch, even from a healthy animal, if they eat feces.

I have 4 dogs and I know it's impossible to keep them from eating GP and rabbit poop but do not encourage it and if you catch them in the act, make them stop and clean up any remaining poop. Don't risk your pets' health.

I don't know about everyone else but when I realized the dogs wanted to eat the GP poop I started cleaning it up before they got to it..this dog loves to go in after floor time and sniff around and eat up any left over veggies that she can find, if theres a poop I missed she'll get that too.She also just loves to stick her head in all of the hidey places that we have for the pigs. As far as eating GP poo, I don't encourage it at all. Dogs are dogs, they drink out of tiolets and do other unmentionable gross things! I can't even imagine what she would do if I let her have her way!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.