Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Bedding for Cavies and Rabbits.

Kittana

Cavy Slave
Hi there!

I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
I'm getting three rabbits [Mini Lops] mid-November and one Cavy in December.
I'd like to know what bedding to use for the rabbits and cavy. And don't worry, they will be in seperate cages. Do you have to use different bedding for rabbits?
Also, it has to be rather cheap, nothing expensive, and easy to clean and use.

Thank you!

Amy.

Pine and cedar shavings are harmful to rabbits. If you littertrain the rabbits, then they will only need bedding in their litterbox. Some rabbit-safe beddings include: Carefresh, aspen, Feline Pine, Yesterday's News, and wood stove pellets.

Kittana said:
Hi there!

I live in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia.
I'm getting three rabbits [Mini Lops] mid-November and one Cavy in December.
I'd like to know what bedding to use for the rabbits and cavy. And don't worry, they will be in seperate cages. Do you have to use different bedding for rabbits?
Also, it has to be rather cheap, nothing expensive, and easy to clean and use.

Thank you!

Amy.

I think you can use the same type of bedding for both pigs and rabbits. CareFRESH is quite expensive. You vould try using kiln dried pine or maybe even fleece?

Any type of pine or cedar is bad for rabbits, and I really don't think it's that great for guinea pigs either. If you want something cheap try wood stove pellets with shredded paper on top.

Piglet said:
I think you can use the same type of bedding for both pigs and rabbits. CareFRESH is quite expensive. You vould try using kiln dried pine or maybe even fleece?

i would definately try to litter train your rabbit. I heard that is is MUCH easier to train rabbits than cavies.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.