Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Popcorning/Twisty Jumpy Thingy

NickM

Cavy Slave
Hello again to all.

I can not find any information about a certain little "jumpy thingy" as I call it that my pigger does.

Whenever I am re-filling his pellets in the morning or giving him veggies or ESPECIALLY when I am pulling more hay to put in his bin, he goes nuts. He does a half popcorn half twist that looks really shocking and it almost scares me because it is so weird. He jumps about an inch at the most into the air but while in mid-air he twists and contorts his body rapidly. It almost looks like he is possessed! It has led me to ask about it because it actually does have me worried that it is abnormal behavior.

Again, it is a total mid air twist of his body. Not a flip, but a barrel roll or sometimes half a barrel roll.

Have you piggers that do this?!

Slave to the Rose

Cavy Slave
My Rose does this when she really gets happy that I'm putting her in her floor time area. When I first saw this and I didn't know what it was I thought she might be having a seizure of some kind and was really worried but she is ok so hey at least its fun to watch right?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Popcorning doesn't always look the same. Sounds to me like your little guy is excited that he is getting more food.

Piggersrule

Cavy Slave
Piggies will popcorn in many different ways. My Miss Piggy does the "Tigger" act, like her legs are made from pogo sticks. Abby will roll around on the ground, kind of like a dog that rolls over. Pumpkin will sometimes do her bronco bucking act, she will kick her back legs up in the air and twist around. Sounds like your piggy is expressing his excitement in a piggy kind of way.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.