Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Saftey Issues?

NonToxic

Cavy Slave
Hello.
To start off with, I don't actually own a Guinea Pig. I have a rabbit. But I've adored this site and all of it's members when I first found it a while back. Even though I am aware that obviously this site was made for Cavys...which only is logical because of the title.
Anyway, I think I'll stop rambling and get to the point of this thread was to ask about the saftey of the Neat Idea Cube Cages.
I found a similer product at Target, the Organize-It brand.
Are these safe for rabbits? If my rabbit (Maggie) chews on the grids, will that make her ill? I'm aware that Guinea Pigs and rabbits are not the same animal obviously, but I'm assuming that similar guidlines concerning NIC Cages apply to both species.
Has any had any trouble in the past with this?

I have one last question. What is an alternative to coroplast flooring? I've herad of people using plastic storage containers, but I'd like to get some opionions on this before purchasing anything. Maggie's about 6 months old and is coming along great with her litterbox training. A man left her along with two of her siblings on a local petstore. The petstore was going to send them to the shelter to be put most likely enthunized because all three of them were *drastically* underweight.

My apologies, I just thought of another question. About how large would make a good sized cage for a rabbit?

I just keep having so many questions as I write this. But I suppose it's better to research different questions before trying to build a cage and having problems with it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.