Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Idea!!

TinaFabulous
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
TinaFabulous

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Oh my gosh that is soo cool!! I was thinking about making an open range for my piggies, but mom said no! I think what you have is a great solution compared to the store bought cage. I have a question though- Are you getting Furby a partner? Just a question.... You have great ideas!!

How do you figure out the square footage?.... I don't know....

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

cinn&sprinslave

Cavy Slave
Awesome idea! I love it! Furby will love it too! It will be so close to being like their enviroment when they were free! (well a small fraction of it but still totally awesome!)
Hmm well personally I think you should have a rescue! Because you have so much space etc, but thats just my idea lol. I am in rescue mode lol............. Anyways you could have a ton of piggs in 9x3x9x3!
Well it is rather hard to explain how to connect coroplast peices, I am not even going to try knowing my history of explaining lol..... But anyways you rock! Your pigg will love you!

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

Allysse

Cavy Slave
There are two guinea pig rescues in St. Paul, so your statement about 'no rescues around here' is incorrect.

Rescuing is not a decision to be taken lightly. You don't want to just plunge right into it. It doesn't matter that you have tons of space. Logistically I could fit hundreds of guinea pigs in my house, but it doesn't matter because I couldn't care for that many.

Having lots of pigs can be fun, but realistically you provide a much better home when you aren't stress out by all the things you have to do for all those pigs. If you want to interact with more pigs, get together with someone else and play with their pigs for a while. Visit the pigs at the shelter and just hold them.

You know what would be a great goal? Build a 2 x 6 C&C cage and put Furby and another female pig in it. Enjoy your pigs, spoil them, and give them a good life. Foster other guinea pigs when you have the time and resources.

I don't know how old you are, but I would guess that by the time your pigs are older (4+ years) you're going to be an older teenager and there's going to be a lot of other stuff in your life. In a few years you might not want to concentrate on a bunch of pigs. Take it slow, enjoy what you have.

However, what you have now needs a friend. I have a darling single sow in mind, she's a ridgeback pig and she would like a home. PM me if you want more info.

I don't know how to connect two peices of coro together but it's bound to be on this site.

TinaFabulous
TinaFabulous

GuineasGalore

Cavy Slave
I think you can add pieces of coroplast together. But i don't know exactly how, you could try using duct tape or something.

TinaFabulous

Favaux

Cavy Slave
Hi everyone, I live in Holland and have just recently acquired two male pets, Fatty & Muffin. Now I am having a problem finding Cubes & Coroplast in this country. Have tried everything. HELP!!!!!!!!!

Favaux

TinaFabulous

Piglet

Cavy Slave
Wow, thats such a huge space. Since you have only one pig at the mo I would assume that you wouldn't have a lot of mess. You should probably opt for fleece since bedding wold cost you an absolute fortune.

sofiemuffins

Cavy Slave
I had to tape 2 pieces of coroplast together to get my 2x6. I used this waterproof tape that I found at home depot, I think it was in the plumbing section? It's silver like duct tape, but looks kind of link tin foil! one of my pigs took a liking to it and started to eat it, so I had to cover the exposed tape areas with fabric so that he couldn't chew it.

Good luck! the tape seems to be working well for me.

Allysse

Cavy Slave
I wonder if chalking would work? It's like plastic glue you use for fish tanks and windows. Check your local hardware store. I think that would be sturdy for two peices and the pigs wouldn't chew on it.

At this point you just need to get that pig in a bigger cage.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.