Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

hello!

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
hi i just registered today! my name is jess and i love my guinea pig snickers! :love: she is an absynninan and has orange and black markings, hence the name snickers! i just recently expanded her cage. before it was less than the specified size, but don't worry, now it is twice as big! it has two ramps, and now three "rooms." although she doesn't seem to use the one ramp to get to the other area, i think it may be a bit too steep for her. unfortunately i only have one g.pig. have been bugging parents about getting a friend for her, but they think it would be financially too much having food expenses and etc. multiplied by 2. but i bond with her and she is never bored. another thing about my g.pig: she is overweight. haven't been able to weigh her, but you can tell just looking at her belly, that she is larger than she should be. one time a lady asked if she was pregnant! what can i say? she is a spoiled piggy! she seems to be losing weight though, little by little, now that i have remodeled her cage. it is even complete with a "hammock", three houses, many toys, and two areas where she can do her business! would love to send a pic. it is also completely homemade, using bottom part of storebought cage, and top part, as well as caging opened up that is made for floor time. it also takes up 1/3 of my tiny room!! ......well anyway...hope this has helped you to get to know a little bit about my guinea pig and i. lol

dextersmycutegp

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Tulia&Susie

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums. If she has the proper food diet and enough room she shouldn't be really overweight. How much does she weigh?

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum. I would think that she might be overweight due to not having enough space to move around in. But now that she is in a larger place that will probably change.

My original piggy wouldn't go up one ramp I made because it was too steep so then I had to rearrange the second floor a bit - and they both go up and down no problem.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
Hi. Thanks for the posts everybody. Well, I may have been exaggerating a little bit there, she may just be a bigger pig. She does seem "fat" but I'm wondering if I should get it checked out. Could it be that she is bloated or something?

Jenah

Cavy Slave
Hi. Thanks for the posts everybody. Well, I may have been exaggerating a little bit there, she may just be a bigger pig. She does seem "fat" but I'm wondering if I should get it checked out. Could it be that she is bloated or something?
Probably can't hurt to have her checked out. Do you have a photo of her to post here for others to see:?:

Spike

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
Welcome to the forum From my Piggy and I!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Could it be that she is bloated or something?

Does her stomach feel hard or distended? Bloat is serious in pigs and cn be fatal. She may just be a chubby pig. If she's getting the proper diet (1/4-1/8 cup plain, no mix timothy pellets, unlimited grass hay, balanced veggies) then it's most likely just her body type.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
No she doesn't feel hard or distended, so I'm thinking it is just her body type and she is a bigger pig.

I give her continuous hay and a bowl of pellet food is available to her. Hopefully I will get a picture of her posted soon.

gpigluver14

Cavy Slave
I finally posted some pictures! Check the open cages in the photo gallery. Tell me what you think.

Thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.