Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Not enough space

Kitty

Cavy Slave
I only have a space 30" x 32" - if I have 2 levels will this be enough for 2 pigs?

Thanks!

Kitty

Defintely not thats only about 2 1/2 feet on each side and that's not even enough for one pig. Space is not determined by the amount of levels either. The ramp actually takes up more space. For two pigs the minimum should be 2 grids by 4 grids. I think that would make it 30" by 50".

30x32 is actually about 4" shorter than the recomended minimum, so if you could manage to squeeze out 4" more of space for the cage, it would be more ideal. A 2 level 30x36 would be better.

If you make 2 levels that are each 30x32, and you have two pigs that get along well, I think you could make it work. The large weighing factor is the actual pigs. I have 3 bonded sows in a 2x5, and they don't utilize half the space, they would get along fine in a 30X36. On the other hand, there is no way any of my boars could get along in a space that small.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.