Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Good-bye my Peppy

Peppy&Herby'sMa

Cavy Slave
I am very, very sad to say that I lost Peppy, my first piggie ever, over a week ago now. Wasn’t feeling up to posting anything any earlier than now! She had diarrhea, so I got her into the vet asap, but even after constant nursing, with medicine and forced feedings, and me taking a couple of days off work, she passed away one evening. It has been rough - I have never seen one of my pets dead before (the danger of protective parenting!), so I lived in perpetual terror all week, afraid to find she was gone, but also hoping that if she DID have to go – that she would just pass away peacefully at home. The good thing is that when it finally happened, while it was heartbreaking to say good-bye, it was a relief so see her looking so peaceful. She looked like she was asleep, just very still, you know? Herby knew – he stopped running around at floor time – he would run and hide (not his style at all!) and make his lost piggie cry! So he’s been getting A LOT of people company and lap time since then, but has put on weight now that he is not exercising nearly as much. I was getting concerned, so even though I was concerned it was too soon for me, I brought home another Humane Society piggie, and oh my goodness! They just hit it off immediately, and I have never seen that Herby so happy before. He just worships the ground Pearl (new piggie) walks on, it is terribly heartwarming to watch them. There are already running and playing happily at floor time, Herby is popcorning like a madman, they are eating out of the same feed bowl (even though there are three in there!), and having very sweet nose rubs. I even caught Herby flopped down on his side last night just gazing at Pearl as she chattered away, deep in a bowl of pellets. Our home is becoming happy again, thank-goodness. Piggies really are wonderful. My Peppy was unbelievably sweet and I am going to miss her for a long time to come. RIP my little girl - you were loved.
:love:

kimik

Cavy Slave
Pets are part of the family. When they are gone, it hurts and they will always be remembered. I lost my dog of 19 years over 2 years ago but still think about her often. I just got my GP this year so fortunate I have not gone thru the lost of GP yet. I'm very attached to them so I'm sure it will be just as painful when they go to greener pasture. I'm very happy to hear that laughter is restore to your house. Take care.

Tulip

Cavy Slave
So sorry for the loss of your little Peppy ~ You'll be in my thoughts and prayers!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.