Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Wales to America

tomcat6

Cavy Slave
I have a question. How do British people feel about Americans. I am not American though. I was born in Wales and moved at the age of three. I have an American accent now sorry to say :-(. But I have visited many times. I was thinking about doing a foreign exchange program, but I'm not sure on how people would feel about that. Any insight?

Last edited:

muffin

Cavy Slave
I think what is more important is how you feel about it! lol As far as I'm aware I don't know anyone who doesn't like Americans. Nothing wrong with having an American accent, I'm sure if you practiced enough you could keep up a good welsh one!

smartorl

Cavy Slave
My kids and I have traveled to London twice and I can honestly say that we have never been treated badly. Quite to the contrary when some friends we met over there vacationed here, they looked us up and we all went to dinner. We also have neighbors from Wales that are middle aged that seem to show no bais against Americans and chose to live here so I am not sure why you think an American accent would be frowned upon.

fashion victim

Cavy Slave
Wow I've also been considering going on exchange there to study literature. It all depends on how well I do or don't in public relations.

jabberwock

Cavy Slave
It's probably true to say that many people in the UK aren't huge fans of much of American foreign policy. But we don't blame individuals for that! I can't see that you'd have any problems at all on an exchange,

Ly&Pigs

Cavy Champion, Previous Forum Moderator
Cavy Slave
Not sure if I like this thread. It leans towards a political discussion in a way. If it disappears, it's because it's crossed a line it shouldn't cross.

gp_kat

Cavy Slave
I love USA! i have always been keen on english talking people LOL! but this might be because i terribly want to be from there oneday:)
Oh well if i ever met you i would personally probably think your american hehe.If you sound it=D

Last edited by a moderator:

gp_kat

Cavy Slave
I do not see them as being any different particuarly..only the country itself has slight differences. But that is just my opinion, i have friends in USA and i consider them as being very alike=D
sorry if this has double posted.

zarrion101

Cavy Slave
I live in Wales, in the south east part of the regional country and I think it's nice for Americans and other people to visit us ans vica versa.

I think the only thing that put's me off the go to america is all of these bombing attacks. I don't know if it's right but I think we have less of those kind of serious crimes here in the Uk and specially in the quiet country where I live. :)

I've lived in the same house, in the same country, same world since I was born.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.