Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

One question for ya

CavyM

Cavy Slave
Hi
I was wandering should a holland lops cage be about the same size as one piggies cage or smaller ?( or bigger:))
Thanks

You should probably make it bigger, as rabbits in general are larger than piggies. You'll probably want to make it higher, too. Good luck! =)

Ya
But do you need to make it any different that you would for a piggie cage?

I think that you can make it the same way, just bigger and taller. Good luck! =)

cage

Ya Sounds good!!
Does anyone have any pictures of there bunnies cage?

cage

Oh Cool. Thanks!!!!!!
Now I know bunnies do not need bedding but what do they use instead?

I'm not exactly sure, though I think some people use a litter box. They line it with newspaper on the bottom, a layer of bedding, and sometimes hay for the top. Keep in mind that hay needs to be changed AT LEAST every other day, if not every day.

rabbit

ya
if anyone else has information I would appreciate it. Thanks

CavyM said:
ya
if anyone else has information I would appreciate it. Thanks
My rabbit Copper (he just passed away) had a really awesome coroplast cage. I made it go up to 3 levels because rabbits like to hop and jump around a lot. I dont have pic. but it was 2x4 then a 1x2 deck then another deck leading from the 1x2 up to a 1x3 deck. I just used newspaper as bedding. I had to cover the edges of coroplast because he would chew on the edges. I had the grids going up 2 grid high because he would try and jump out and the on ramps I went out one extra grid out so he couldn't jump out of the cage from up high. Might not make sense but you might kind of get an idea of what it looks like.

Basiclly my cage had grids all around it (like in the pics.) except for in some places where I was sure they couldn't hop out.

cage

wow sounds cool!!!!!!!!!!
I am soo sorry that he passed away:(. i go tto get to work. on making a bunny and piggie cage! teehee
first i need to know for sure that I am getting the bunny:)

CavyM said:
wow sounds cool!!!!!!!!!!
I am soo sorry that he passed away:(. i go tto get to work. on making a bunny and piggie cage! teehee
first i need to know for sure that I am getting the bunny:)[/QUOTE

I am sad to but he lived a good life. He is in bunny heaven now.

bunny

yes he is
how long did he live to be?

Make sure your rabbit cage has a top, and that it is tall enough for the rabbit to stand on his hind feet. I used cable ties instead of the connectors because it is more stable. The bottom of my rabbit condo has linoleum flooring and I cover that with newspapers.

Visit (broken link removed) for tons of rabbit condo ideas and instructions

CavyM said:
yes he is
how long did he live to be?
He was 6 going on 7 years

bunnyluv17 said:
Make sure your rabbit cage has a top, and that it is tall enough for the rabbit to stand on his hind feet. I used cable ties instead of the connectors because it is more stable. The bottom of my rabbit condo has linoleum flooring and I cover that with newspapers.[/QUOT

I guess mine wasn't covered all the way because my rabbit was small he only weighed 2 1/2 lbs. He was super tiny.

It is better to have a top because you never know how high your rabbit might jump. One of our rabbits could jump from the ground onto a bed which was at least four feet tall.

ya i see what yoU are saying:)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.