Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Anyone else had this experience?

muffin

Cavy Slave
Has anyone else noticed that on the expiry date on the back of their bag of Oxbow Cavy Cuisine pellets it's a sticker with a date on, but under the sticker is another 'expired' date. I asked my vet about it, whom I bought it from, since their supplier had sent out of date stuff before. They didn't know, but phoned either the supplier or Oxbow, and sent the bag back because the supplier/Oxbow had no idea why my bag was like that. Then they came back saying that it was fine, that it was normal, gave me a new bag with same sticker arrangement, and apparently it was a mistype? It looks and smells fresh and new, just wondering if anyone else has one of these double dated bags?

I think that the first date is the manufacture date and the second is the expiration date. At least that was the way it was explained to me.

Yup had some Cavy Cuines come yesterday (my first lot) and it had the sticker over it

Ok, so I'm not alone. Good to know, thanks.

Mine, too. Haven't actually looked under the sticker though. It's all imported by Petlife UK International so it might be worth contacting them.

Yes mine has a sticker too! BB 3 Feb. 08 on sticker, but mine has no date at all under sticker. Curiouser and curiouser!

• Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.