Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi just joined today

kiraroo

Cavy Slave
Hi there

I found this site the other night looking for new things for my guineas to do. My name is Hels, I live in the UK. I have 5 guineas. 2 boys called Elefon and Pedro, they are about 3-4 years old, I got them from a rescue in London.
Hope its ok to post a picture
Hi just joined today

Pedro is on the left and Elefon is on the right.

I have a single guinea called Maude, she is under a year old, I got her from a local pet shop where they were selling her off cheap :sad:. Think its because she was so very nervous. I am looking for a friend for her at the moment.
Hi just joined today

I also have 2 girls called Moppy and Mongoose. I got them from my local rescue, they are under a year. Moppy is a longhaired fluff ball and Mongoose is a chocolate brown and short haired. I've not had them long and just realised I've not taken their picture yet.

Look forward to meeting and talking to people here

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Hello and welcome!

I'm glad to hear you adopted so many of your pigs; when you find a friend for Maude, I hope you will adopt also. If you need help locating a pig in your area, we can help. We have many Ukers.

Your pigs are adorable. Any reason why Maude can't live with Moppy and Mongoose? (Love the names, by the way.)

Lydia

Cavy Slave
Welcome! Those are some dang cute pigtures... can't wait to see more. Nice to meet you! :)

kiraroo

Cavy Slave
Susan9608 i will certainly be adopting another friend for Maude. I also have 5 rescue cats, foster kittens and i felt so guilty getting Maude from a pet shop i just felt so terribly sorry for her. I have tried to mix Maude with Moppy and Mongoose but they gang up on her and chase her. Maude loves to talk to the boys though (not in the same pen, but they go to the edges of their pens and chat) so I hope to get a neutered male friend for her.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Neutered males and girls get on the best, in all my experiences. Obviously it doesn't work in some cases but I've had all boy relationships and been around all-girl relationships, and I've seen quite a number of neutered male and females. You'd think the man of the group would be constantly chasing after his woman but my little man really couldn't care less. He's the boss but he doesn't show off about it!
I know Judy, another regular here, has 9 ladies with her little guy. As far as I know, he had a field day "getting to know" his girls but I think the novelty wore off after a week or so!

They are all gorgeous piggles. Which rescue did you adopt from? I've heard of a lot of UK rescues; I adopted two of my four from Green Fields in Bracknell. Not quite London but close enough.

Anyway, welcome to the GPC Community! Looking forward to seeing more pics and hearing how things go with Maude.

kiraroo

Cavy Slave
hiya
i got elefon and pedro from Hounslow Animal Welfare Society and Mongoose and Moppy from Wood Green Animal Shelters

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
They are all so adorable! Welcome!

kiraroo

Cavy Slave
just adding a picture of Mop and Mon, Moppy looks a bit windswept in that picture!
Hi just joined today

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Aww, hot cute! I can see where Moppy got her name.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.