Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

My dog died today

Sviega

Cavy Slave
She was the cutest little thing. She was a white Toy Poodle. She only weighed about 5 pounds and was smaller than my cat. Her name was Lucky. We got her from a shelter in 1995 when she was about 2-3 years old.

I got her, but she was even more my husbands dog. When he laid on the couch she would lay on his stomach, or go down by his feet and lick his toes.
She would come over and lick my toes too. She seemed to have a toe fetish. LOL

She went really fast. We never even got her to the VET. She must have had a stroke. She was walking then she laid down and didn't move. Just breathed. My husband picked her up and put her in the Living Room. We were going to call the vet and he got upset because she had laid down in her poop and flies were crawling on her eyes. So I got a dishpan and put her in about 2" of water to wash her a bit. She couldn't even lift her head up out of the water. She licked my hand, and I had to hold her head up while my husband bathed her. We finally reached the vet, but when we went over to get her she was dead. It was so fast.

I'm sad, she is almost like my baby. I loved her.

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for you loss. She sounded like an angel who had a very happy life with you and your husband. Sleep well sweet Lucky.

Lucy99

Cavy Slave
Oh no, that is awful, I hope the pain of losing your friend heals quickly. RIP Lucky

beach_blondie

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry... now that he has crossed the bridge to his forever home, you may now know that you will see her again someday. :'(

janetangel

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry for your loss of your baby. I really know how hard it is. I have 6 dogs, and lost a few in my life time. I still miss the ones I lost.

smileyface cavy

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry for your loss. Rest In Peace Lucky.

ccrunner
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.