Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

HarrysDad has arrived

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
I am Harrys Dad. Harry is a busy short haired fellow with reddish brown hair and a white spot in the center of his head. He has lead a very unique life since being adopted as an unofficial mascot of my veterans group. Initially taken in as a rescue to be a companion for a young cavy he soon made himself right at home.

While sitting in my lap he began 'communicating' with his buddies through the computer. He does his best to help people understand what excellant companions cavies are. And to have nice parties and gatherings for humans and furry folk in the virtual town where he is mayor.

We are not sure how much fun people like to have here but thought we would come and take a look.

PiGgIeCrAzYBaBy

Cavy Slave
Haha, I think that's 3 piggers that I know of on this site named Harry! Welcome!

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
I have seen several cavies who look like Harry. He has even lined up a few of them to use as stand ins.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
Welcome, Harry & Harry's Dad.

We have fun here but it's not nonsense fun, like pointless games and stuff. We have fun in...more mature, sensible ways. At least, some people do. There are a few daft ones (not naming any names) but most of the time you will get some sense out of them.
We are here primarily for the welfare of the animals, not the people.

Have you any pigtures of Harry? We'd love to see him.

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
I lost many of Harry's pictures in a hard drive reformat. Harry has a big interest in making sure people include their furry companions in thier life and don't just leave them sitting in a cage alone all the time. He also likes to help educate people to the fact that cavies are wonderful companions for adults; and that their care needs are a bit more complex than children can handle alone.

katiecavyNC

Cavy Slave
Welcome to Harry and his dad. Sounds like you will be right at home here!

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
Harry spends much of his time sitting here in my lap. He enjoys looking at pictures and having me read posts to him. Listening to audio books, being read to and listening to music are some of his favorite activities.

He is a very playful fellow and loves toys that jingle. His favorite toy is his jingle ball.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Welcome!
We would love to see pics of Harry. Take some new ones for us since you lost his others on your hard drive!

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forum!

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
Listening to audio books, being read to and listening to music are some of his favorite activities.

A very intellectual pig you've got there.

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
Harry has a cage brother. He was originally acquired to be a companion for the younger fellow. They are a very contented pair and both enjoy music and books. His cage brother is known as The Little Guy.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Why didn't you say so? Is he the bad brother that is not spoken of? ;)

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
The Little Guy is sort of overshadowed by the accomplishments his more famous brother has made in his virtual life. You see Harry is the Mayor in a small town my on line veterans group greated. Harry has many adventures and his brother chronicles them.

C&K

Cavy Slave
hmmmm.... that does not seem fair... the little guy makes all the adventures public! He deserves an honorable mention I would think!

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
The Little Guy is a chess wizard! He has a cavy friend that he plays with. when his friends human was in the hospital for a long rehab period after an accident one of the occupational therapists, in consultation with the town vetrinarian, made custom mouth sticks for both cavies to use on a handheld computer. The Little Guy and his friend are accomplished handheld users now.

They also have special hardware to access a desktop computer. They have a special head pointer they wear mounted to a body harness. The head pointer is a very small lazer type of wand that works with a miniature keyboard. They have small touch pads the use with their paws for mouse buttons.

Well, when Harry saw their setups he had to have one as well. After gaining some proficiency he submitted paper work for a grant to establish a computer institute in Looneytown for companion animals.

Needless to say the technician was shocked when he arrived in town and met Mayor Harrison G Cavy, who had submitted the paperwork. And he was really amazed when he saw what The Little Guy could do with a handheld computer. The technician went to work and has done a great job with the small folk.

The Little Guy is a bit shy and is content with just a byline on the stories he writes for The Looneytown News.

jdomans

Cavy Slave
Dad,
This reminds me of Ben and me about the mouse who wrote the stories about Benjamin Franklin's accomplishments.

Susan9608

Cavy Slave
All right - I'm finally going to ask. Do you have *real* living guinea pigs or some kind of computer graphic animation sort of thing?

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
Harry and his cage brother are very real. Harry is four now and his cage brother is a year younger. Harry has a life here with me and a virtual life on the internet.

ASA veterans are a very small group of vets as things go but when we were young hotshots we were a bit precocious. Now that we are all getting older - ASA turned into Inscom in 1977 so the youngest in our midst are in their 50's - we are turning into very interesting old pharts. And as people retire and have time on thier hands many of us seek interesting ways to fill our time.

HarrysDad

Cavy Slave
Here are some pictures of my boy Harry. He loves to play.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.