Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

IMPORTANT!! Notice of Major Change!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I plan on very quickly, by this weekend at the latest, changing the name of this site!!!!

From CavyCages.com to GuineaPigCages.com. The artwork will stay the same.

This site deserves better search engine ranking than it is getting. I need to make the change. My early decisions for choosing cavy over guinea pig were good, but I think it's time to change. I own both names.

Currently guineapigcages.com automatically redirects to guineapigcages.com.

After the change, guineapigcages.com will automatically redirect to guineapigcages.com.

This MIGHT cause some issues on the search engines for a while, but hopefully not.

In making the change, it might cause a day or two of possible interruption, but hopefully not. I can't guarantee it.

My goal is to be the number one site at Yahoo when you search on guinea pigs. I'm currently buried at number 57 or something. That is just no longer acceptable. The URL is a very big determinant. There are other factors as well.

I've also just spent some money ($150) on software to dramatically improve the search engine ranking of the forum threads. They will be changing dramatically (the URL's of the threads). Also, hopefully by the weekend.

Jennicat

Cavy Slave
Good luck improving your rankings!

PiggieMom

Cavy Slave
I hope it helps! I think it will.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Good luck T, hope it helps up the site in the rankings.

vince

Cavy Slave
This site definatly deserves a higher ranking. I have learned so much from here and the cavy cage is a vast improvement over any store bought cage. (much cheaper than a lot of them 2). My piggies are happier since they got their C&C cage. I wish everyone with a cavy knew about them

JennG

Cavy Slave
Thanks for the notice! Good luck and hopefully we'll be #1.

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
Good luck and thanks for the notice.

sealpupjd

Cavy Slave
Good luck! I agree it should be number 1. I have learned so much here and I am thankful for that. I know others will too!!!
Jami

Tatalp

Cavy Slave
I looks like it's been changed! I just googled "guinea pig", and the site is on the second page, and when I google "guinea pig cage", it's the first result! Yay!

jdomans

Cavy Slave
I just searched through Yahoo and you are #4 right now.

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
I think it's a great idea. Most new GP owners have no idea what a "cavy" is. But I do want to say, that this site was one of the first sites I came across when I googled "guinea pigs" after I "recieved" my first guinea pig. I cannot say enough how happy I am that this was the first place I found. It is THE best!

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
Well, based on the search I'm doing, nothing has changed. It can take a month or two for the search engines to catch up. I'm not expecting any changes overnight. In fact, I expect to drop in the short term.

We are in the middle of the site name change right now. The changes need a few days to replicate on the net.

I won't be doing the thread changes until this settles out.

LobsterOverlord

Cavy Slave
Right now, you're 9th when searched using AOL.com and 8th on Google. Where were you before on those?

BTW, good luck on it all.

John M.

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I've updated a little more deeply on the urls. If you are still getting any red x's, try holding down the CTRL key and hitting F5 for refresh (on PCs anyway).

jdomans

Cavy Slave
The threads I subscribe to came in this morning from the new email addy. I added it to my 'rule' in the email and they drop into my cavy cages box now. It is also a 'friend' in my mailwasher program.

sasha

Cavy Slave
Would it help if we searched for guinea pigs and then clicked on guineapigcages.com?

I think it'd be great if people got directed here first, then they'd have no excuse for not having the right info.

TNpigowner

Cavy Slave
guineapigcages.com came up 1 on google.
This is definitely a #1 worthy site.

wickedrodent

Cavy Slave
On yahoo, if you search "guinea pig cage" it is #1. On google if you search "guinea pig" it is #14 but if you search "guinea pig cages" or "cavy cages" it is ranked #1! I was confused when I typed in guineapigcages.com and saw that it changed to guineapigcages.com.. I though I was going crazy! lol

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
I know I'm at or near the top for a cage search. I want to be at or near the top for 'guinea pigs'!

BabyGrl

Cavy Slave
I just got you as #9 for Guinea Pigs. With some of what I see ahead of you I can understand why you need to be higher.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.