Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Cubes are dissappearing...

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Hey guys just thought I'd check. So far My local K-Mart, Bunnings AND Big W's have all stopped stocking grids, i know Queensland Big W's have also stopped. is there anywhere else that isn't stocking them anymore?

I thought it would be useful just to see if its only my little country town or all over Aus.

Thanks
Emma

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
I know the Reject Shop has grids. A pack big enough to make an uncovered 2x4 is $30.

I know Kmart and Target don't have them. My local Big W still has 8 packs on the shelf, and I haven't checked Bunnings yet. I don't know what I'm going to do in a year when I build a C&C.

extensiblecow

Cavy Slave
The Reject Shop at Macquarie Centre (North Ryde) sells them. 6 Cubes for $30. Bunnings at Thornleigh sells Grids, 1 Cube for $8.45 (round about) - that's where I got mine !

Mikey's Mum

Cavy Slave
I bought 2 packs at Big W (Melbourne suburb) the other day but they only had 4 packs on the shelf. These only cost about $14 for 16 panels and are the best value around. Better buy up just in case they disappear.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Oky doky then, its just my area, Darn LOL.

Emma

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
No I can't find much here either Em. I am going to go on a big search mission in a couple of weeks though, as I am planning a new setup(again)

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Jess, enchantingcavy, I believe is going to be trying to sell some through her store, not sure if it ever happened but people were talking about it, shes up in Brissy.

Emma

littlemissjoey

Cavy Slave
Just adding I also got my grids at The Reject Shop. I bought a few boxes just in case they stopped stocking them as well.

homemenagerie

Cavy Slave
FYI ... I also purchased a pack of grids today from the Reject Shop. Interestingly they are made in China but the packaging is pre-printed with the price and Reject Shop logo. So maybe they will be a permanent line, across all stores. The pack is $30 and contains 23 grids and 24 connectors. Grids are black or white, the connectors I got in the white pack were a light grey.

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Sigh, ok now I really hate living in the country. The closest reject shop is over an hour away, and its TINY. I cannot wait till I graduate and move out of here, this place is sooo far away from everything.

Emma

moons

Cavy Slave
Yesterday i tried finding cubes in US like crazy the whole day but could not find in any - costco, kmart, sams club, walmart, target and menards. Finally managed to find one in bed bath and beyond but not a good deal like costco. i wonder why all of them stopped carrying them? any ideas? really would appreciate if u can let me know a place to find these.

Aertyn

Cavy Gazer
Uhh moons, I'm not sure why your asking in the Australian part of the forum where to find cubes in the States.

extensiblecow

Cavy Slave
Bellebelle said:
Sigh, ok now I really hate living in the country. The closest reject shop is over an hour away, and its TINY. I cannot wait till I graduate and move out of here, this place is sooo far away from everything.

Should move nearer to Sydney Metro ... :D

Bellebelle

Cavy Slave
Lol, my parents would kill themselves, they cant stand city life, but i would rather live in a town at least.

Emma

OliviaP

Cavy Slave
The Reject shop at Warrawong, NSW, (near Wollongong), has some cubes for anyone interested.

I went and bought 3 boxes on Tuesday. They were located on a top shelf, I really had to go searching for them.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.