Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Veg*n Up yours ;)

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I had a blood test two weeks ago to see if me becoming a vegetarian had a negative effect on me. My friends told me that it was the wrong thing to do and that I need my protein over and over again. To be honest, I don't really regulate what I eat but still all the vitamin levels were perfect. So, if you're a vegetarian that doesn't mean you automatically become deficient in anything :rolleyes:

Sabriel

Cavy Slave
The inverse is true too. Just becuase you eat meat does not mean you are getting everything either.

Go tell your friend I became iron and B12 deficient before I went veg becuase I cannot digest meat properly. ;)

PiggieMamaKelly

Cavy Slave
Sabriel said:
The inverse is true too. Just becuase you eat meat does not mean you are getting everything either.

I wholeheartedly agree. I'm so tired of people acusing *me* of having an unhealthy diet because I don't eat meat. I had zuccini and whole wheat pasta for lunch, how many millions of meat-eaters had McDonalds? And I'M the unhealthy one??

Good for you Piglet, and I especially like the title of the thread!

My Baby Mu

Cavy Slave
I had the same thing done and everything came out perfect.

Most meat eaters in the US get too much protein, which is just as bad as getting too little.

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
I had all my bloodwork done a couple of weeks back, and after 20 years as vegetarian, it is ALL PERFECT! Oh hang on no, my cholesterol was well below average, so that is better than perfect

LobsterOverlord

Cavy Slave
Most meat eaters in the US get too much protein, which is just as bad as getting too little.

Adkins Diet led to me getting a kidney stone. Solid protein. Never going to do that again.

So yes, I do know what it will be like for my wife when she goes into labor ;-)

John M>

manhattan kat

Cavy Slave
If you look at all of the people that are obese and have high cholesterol, most of them are meat eaters.

People that drink milk religiously crack me up!
Dairy milk is horrible for you. Its for baby cows! Its just like selling breast milk. People always make a grossed out face at this comment when I say it but its the same thing. You'd never buy breast milk from humans in the store...why do you buy cows milk. If you eat the right foods you'll get your calcium. Also thats why you arent suppose to drink milk when youre silk. The bovine hormones and antibiodics that they give cows to counter the hormones they give them cant be fought by your body and thats why when your immune system is weak *you are sick, that you dont drink dairy cause you get too much mucas build up. And people freak out that I drink soy milk. "How unnatural." Well how unnatural is it to steal baby growth food from cows...

Sorry for the tangent. It just makes me so mad.

Congrats on the health!

kathrynj

Cavy Slave
I so agree with you about the milk. I was just talking to my dear daughter about that the other day, she thinks it is not fair that she can't have dairy (allergies) coz it is in so many things. By talking about the cow part of getting dairy( boobie milk for baby cows :yuck: ), kind of empowered her!

Lydia

Cavy Slave
I had all my bloodwork done a couple of weeks back, and after 20 years as vegetarian, it is ALL PERFECT! Oh hang on no, my cholesterol was well below average, so that is better than perfect

Every time I've gone to donate blood, the Canadian Blood Services always tests each person's iron levels before donation, and if you're not where you should be then you're denied. I've never had a problem! People who ask me "What do you eat?!?" or say "Oh, you've got to be soooo careful; you'll become anemic!" just crack me up since I could stand to lose a couple pounds (obviously I'm finding enough tasty food to eat ;) ) and I've never had a problem with my iron levels! Silly people!

Faunn
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.