Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

coroplast cost?

Mulengro

Cavy Slave
how much have all of you paid for your coroplast? what's considered "cheap" and "expensive"? thanks for any help! just don't wanna overpay, and like to know when i'm getting a deal. ^_^

-mulengro

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Anything over about $20 is really expensive. Cheap would be about $7. The usual is about $12. Good luck on your search! =)

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

Mulengro

Cavy Slave
i'm still unable to find coroplast anywhere, and every place online i've checked has turned out to be bunk. getting a little frustrated, but thanks for all the help!

-mulengro

Katie

Cavy Slave
You can't find it anywhere? You live in MN. I know many people there that have C&C cages with Coroplast. Open up the phone book, look under signs and plastic. Call and ask if they have Coroplast or Corrugated Plastic.

NoVeil

Cavy Slave
I paid either $12 or $15 for a 4x8 sheet of white coroplast. Colors were a few dollars more. I just opened my phone book and looked under signs. The first place I called had them. I also let them know it was for a guinea pig cage, not for signs...not that I am sure that would make the price change. Some places may be more willing to let it go for under retail if it is not being used for signs.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

PushClose

Cavy Slave
Wow. The guy at my local FastSigns told me a 4x8 sheet of Coroplast was $118, and that was him giving me a 15% price reduction....

What the hell?

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Did you tell him what it was for? Sometimes they will even give it to you for free if they know you are useing it for a pig cage.

PushClose

Cavy Slave
Yeah thats where the 15% price reduction came from. Over $100? Somethings not right. He did say the computer was acting up lately, because when I asked him how much a 2x4 sheet would cost.. it came out to $30. I'll check other sign shops in town and see what their prices are.

Or maybe Ill take a little trip to a real estate office.

WildKingdom

Cavy Slave
PushClose said:
Wow. The guy at my local FastSigns told me a 4x8 sheet of Coroplast was $118, and that was him giving me a 15% price reduction....

What the hell?
Fastsigns in our area (Illinois) wanted $25.00 for a 4x8 sheet. I even said it was for a guinea pig cage too. I thought that was a bit much. I found another sign store that sold one to me for $20.00.

Katie

Cavy Slave
Are you sure they knew you wanted plain coroplast? When we had a sign done at fast signs for an adoption event $120.00 was the cost for the printed sign.
$25.00 was for plain old coro.

PushClose

Cavy Slave
Yeah I told him. I came in, asked for a sheet of blank Coroplast. He asked what for, I said its for a Guinea Pig cage. He looks it up on the computer and comes up to like $130, then put in the 15% then it came up around $118. I even told him that I heard that a regular blank sheet was only like $20. He told me they dont even get it for that price. Who knows, I'll go in another day and hopefully someone else will be working.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Whoa!!! That's a huge price!!! I can't believe that... wow. Maybe he thought you wanted it printed, or maybe the guy is just plain retarded. That's an over ridiculous price. Good luck on finding Coroplast. Oh, and Mulengro, if you want Coroplast you can find some easily. I live in St. Paul. Trust me, you don't need to live in the capital to find some. Sounds like someone's giving up to me, but I'm sorry if I'm wrong. Good luck to you, too! =)

Mulengro

Cavy Slave
hah! giving up? me? never! i made a bunch of long distance calls and found a place in my hometown that has 4x8 for 15 dollars each, only white though... my plan as of right now is to make a giant cage, i think it'll really be something when i'm done. how big are the grids? like 14x14"? i think i've found them at the target in my hometown, but i'm going to pamida tonight to see if they've got anyhthing like it. thanks for all the help! i'll keep ya updated to the new cage, hopefully i'll get some pictures when it's done.

oh! and another question... right now i have the swimming pool cage and 2 pigs, they're getting along great! but my girlfriend and i are going on vacation this weekend, and i'm taking the pigs to my parents' house to take care of them, but i don't think the pool will fit inher car... so any ideas as to what they should stay in at my folks' house while we're away? thanks!

-mulengro

RubyPiggie2

Cavy Slave
Coroplast..

so any ideas as to what they should stay in at my folks' house while we're away? thanks!

-mulengro[/QUOTE]
Well, if your parents have a large bin that has a short edge to it, but not too short for them to jump over.. that could work. Or you can take out your guinea pigs from their cage, clean out the cage, take all the supplies, and fit the tiny pool in the car at an angle. That might work!

Amanda

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.