Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Cutters

Cavy Cuckoo

Cavy Slave
The other day I came across a comment in a picture gallery, it was about coroplast cutters. Someone said they used a utility knife. I use two blades to cut my coroplast, my mom bought it from a local sign shop.

The first blade/cutter I use is to cut with the grain of the coroplast. It is called a Plast-Kut, and you might be able to find it or something similar in a sign shop (Mine is a bit scratched)--

Coroplast Cutters

To cut half of the coroplast (To make a fold) insert one blade in between the two sides as shown and drag it across --

Coroplast Cutters

(It will only cut the top half.)

To cut a peice off completely, insert both blades --

Coroplast Cutters

When I cut agaisnt the grain I use a regular blade. To cut half, just press lightly as you score it, to cut it completely off press harder.

Coroplast Cutters

This might have been a little confusing, and the pictures were bad quality because I used my older camera. Hope this helped!

Last edited:

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I used the cutter in the last picture on my coroplast. It worked good.

chris_w

Cavy Slave
I just use what we call in england a stanley knife (last picture) to cut the coroplast/correx/corrogated plastic what every you want to call it i think they are known around the world as either of these three.

caribear

Cavy Slave
We used the knife in the last picture(stanley knife) to cut & score ours. We just call it a box cutter. It was quite easily done.

TX_2_Pigs

Cavy Slave
I too used just a standard utility knife but I sure would like to find that first one! I don't have much of a problem cutting a straight line across the grain, but going with the grain never seems to be straight and somehow manages be all wonky.

I will have to look around for one.

Cavy Cuckoo

Cavy Slave
I found one of the Plast-Kut products on eBay, if anyone is interested: (broken link removed)

CavySpirit

Administrator
Staff member
Cavy Slave
The PlastiKut cutters are great if you are building lots of cages. Otherwise, they are not worth the price.

I own one because I cut hundreds of sheets of coroplast for people.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.