Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY! Million Paws Walk Display 21st May

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hi Guys!

VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY!

Well I've just gotten off the phone to the RSPCA they have kindly rung me this morning and the Australian Cavy Sanctuary now has a surprise display opportunity and I think it'll definitely be work taking up! The RSPCA is holding more than 20 events in different locations around QLD for their Million Paws Walk this year and we have been invited to hold a display at a local location.
I've spoken with the organisers just now aswell and theyre very keen to have us there and it sounds like their will be many different animal displays including sheep, dogs, guide dogs, samford vet, RSPCA, product stalls and market stalls on the day. There will be a live band aswell!

State: Queensland
Map: (broken link removed)
Suburb: Samford ( Samford is a straight run approx 20mins from Brisbane CBD )
Date: 21st May 2006
Time: undetermined approx 8am-3pm

I would love it if we could get a small team together in time for this upcoming display. We will have our own setup with plenty of room. I am currently looking for a new 6m x 3m marquee so it should be quite alot bigger than our last display. We will have live guinea piggies their in grid cage displays as usual and we will also have products and feed available for sale for the public to purchase.

I have been to this particular park many times it is a beautiful rural scene amongst greenery and the park is very clean with playground/toilets and concert setup for bands. Their is a beautiful crystal/gypsy/candles/books etc store across the road called heart and soul it is simply divine to visit. The samford hotel and lovely little cafes surround along with samford produce located directly across the road! Whoever has not visited samford I can safely say it can be a wonderful day out in the fresh air.

We will be looking for anywhere between 3-6 volunteers. You may roster on for shifts if you cannot stay the entire day you are more than welcome to stay half or part day.

IMPORTANT: With our last display I feel we were not strict enough with the times volunteers were rostered on, we had some volunteers change their minds with regards to being able to volunteer for the day and also what hours they were volunteering their time. We were only given notice the day before the display and because of this we were unable to have a break or leave our display on the day and we were left shorthanded. We would like to be able to let volunteers have a look around at other displays at their own leisure and to do this we need commitment from those who would like to participate in the display and the exact times they will be able to participate. In the past those that have participated in the display have done an outstanding job and we truly appreciate all the effort, joy and energy you put into presentation and representing guinea pig awareness and the sanctuary. You truly do an amazing job!

For all those that would like to participate in this next display could you please email me by May 1st at to express your interest and we will send you additional information from here: [email protected]
All volunteers will be able to wear the sanctuary's T'Shirt and I'll need to order some in for those that do not have their own as yet which is why I'll need to know a couple of weeks in advance for those that wish to paticipate. You are welcome to either purchase your shirt through the sanctuary for under $20 or to borrow a shirt for the day.
I think this display will be the most enjoyable and productive yet and it's always a good time being able to have the company of others just as passionate about guinea pigs, standing next to you.

For all those that would like to participate in the Million Paws Walk on the day it is a 2 kilometre walk and you will be able to register your dog via the following link. In my case I'll probably register a guinea pig rofl https://www.millionpawswalk.com.au

*~jess~*

Salstar

Cavy Slave
Hi Jess, I would like to volunteer but I'll have to wait until my work roster comes out, which will hopefully be before the 1st May, so I can see if I am working that day or not. So I'll let you know if I can!

enchantingcavy

Cavy Slave
Hey Sal,

That'd be great if you could join the team! I understand about the work commitments if you could join us for half day, full day or a few hours feel free to give us a buzz. I always get exited about these events I think the people involved are just create such a wonderful atmosphere and are so passionate about their piggies it's a great energy to be around.

This will be our biggest display yet. I'm currently building some c&c cages which will be for sale at the display itself. We've just bought two beautiful marquees so it'll be a 6m x 3m display and yeah we're getting more products in and some awareness posters printed.

I'm entering one of my piggies in the million paws walk lol as I have no dogs but if anyone has dogs feel free to bring him/her along for the walk itself aswell.

I have great news actually! We may have a second display running in the Toowoomba location for the walk as one of our volunteers is very keen we're currently discussing it with the rspca she's really going to need a couple of volunteers though and I don't know any volunteers/piggy owners in Toowoomba does anyone here???

Talk soon!
Jess

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.