Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Flat Water Bottle

Pigz n Blanket

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone, I remember seeing a flat water bottle on a cage on the site somewhere and thought it was pretty cool. Anyone know where to get one? (it was flat and flush against the side of the cage) Thanks!

You just have to shop around for those. I saw some at a little petstore we have in town but not the petco. It just depends on who stocks them.

(broken link removed)

Is this what you are talking about? You can order one from critterstore.com and not support the petstores.

Yup, exactly. Thanks guys! :)

I have found that these bottles can be more of a hassle to use then helpful. They are nice because they are slim line and fit on the cage if you want to minimize space but I have found they leak alot. Especially the Lixit Flat Back bottles. The other issue with them is that you can never truly get the nozzle to line up straight. It either sits on one side or the other.

I gave up with them and switched back to the standard old water bottles.
There are some great threads if you do a search of what types people like.

I use the flat back that has the small yellow duck inside (alerting you to low water.) Mine doesn't leak at all.

I have the one with the little duck in it too but it leaks like CRAZY! I put together my new pen tonight (minus the coroplast and pigs still) and am going to get a regular old round one or at least put a brick under it to catch the drips

I use a round and a flat but my pigs seem to prefer the round.

If you fill the water bottle full you shouldn't have a problem. This goes for any type of bottle.

I use the flat one, and it doesn't leak, only when she drinks sometimes. Mine was the lixit one with the turtle in it.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.