Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Guess what I found!

Giplet

Cavy Slave
I was shopping today and I went into 'Instore' and I found some mesh like cubes and then I went into 'Home Bargains' and I found some proper cubes. And we all know that Argos has them as well now. Why why why is it that when I made my cage absolutely no where sold cubes, but now they are everywhere!

I bought the cubes from 'Home Bargains', you get 18 in the pack, with 26 connectors and they are £15. They are just plain metal with no coating. I am using them to make the barrier of the pen I set up downstairs in the evening. Before, I used cut up card board boxes, now I got a right proper pen. :cheerful:

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Ohh, have never heard of that store but will keep a lookout (lots are just England and Wales).

AliceTittle

Cavy Slave
We have an Instore! But I have already bought my cubes from Argos. They weren't half heavy to get home on the bus with. Not long till the cage is finished, I can't wait!

Went a bit of topic there. Go Giplet and her amazing cube seeking out self. If that makes any sense....

Giplet

Cavy Slave
Yay, go me! Hee hee, thanks Alice.

bromers

Cavy Slave
I have never herd of home bargins. Actually is its logo red and green? Doesnt that shop sell like table clothes and bed spreads?

Giplet

Cavy Slave
It sells food and toiletries stuff with random other stuff like camping gear or art kits or mesh cubes! It's sort of like a Netto or Aldi. I had never heard of it either, before I moved to Telford. It's really quite a good shop, really cheap, they have loads of brand named foods and toiletries.

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
No Home Bargains in Northern Ireland. You're lucky to dig up an Argos here. The nearest to me is in Lisburn, which is 8 miles away.

I ordered my cubes a year ago from Robert May, spent maybe £400 or more on my cage. I could make the same cage for about £100 less now. Maybe cube sales at Robert May and Kleeneze have rocketed due to us piggy people advertising them for C&C cage material, and other stores have started selling them hoping for a similar reaction.

I can't wait for next year to come; when we get our own house I can (OK, I will) adopt a few more piggies and make the cage one huge single level. 3x6 plus, hopefully. Maybe with a hay loft.

AliceTittle

Cavy Slave
I''m so excited! My dad managed to get hold of some coroplast and it was here when I got home from school. Not long to go until they can be in their fantastic new cage!

tigros

Cavy Slave
Giplet, I echo your anoyance. I spent weeks looking for cubes, now there everywhere. Argos was the only place i could get them from. I have since seen them in 'Instore', 'Home Bargains', JTF (Wholesale) and the kleeneze catalogue. Go figure. hee hee.

Piglet

Cavy Slave
I had to search for yonks to find my cubes - I got them from poundstretcher which is now apparently known as Instore.

Giplet

Cavy Slave
Oooohhh! I didn't know that Instore used to be Poundstretcher. Now that I think about it, Poundstretcher did used to be in the building that Instore is in, I just assumed that poundstretcher decided to not be in Telford anymore. Well, there you go, you learn something new everyday don't ya!!!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.