Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

Australia Skinny/Baldwin Pigs ?

i love piggies

Cavy Slave
Just out of curiosity does anyone know if Skinny/Baldwin Pigs are available in Australia?
I have never seen or heard of any here.

Hey there,

There have been a couple found in Australia that I have seen photos of although they're not bred in Australia like overseas these were " accidental " findings. These two that I heard of, one of the pigs died within only a few months of age apparently. The other from the other person is still alive and i think is over 2 years old now and I have seen this pig in person the owner came up interstate and I got to see the pig....Skinny's just seem so
" wrong " to me personally I'm against the fact that some people are deliberately breeding them but that's just my opinion.

*~jess~*

Hey Again,

Here's a couple of pics i have of one of them. Basically this pig just kept losing it's hair it is now bald. These pics were taken when some hair was still there.

Its very "odd" looking, but cute in a way. It looks like a ballerina.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.