Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Malaika has passed..

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Hey, I just lost my dear Malaika. :weepy: The vet said she is (was) old and there was really nothing we could do. So now it is just Jewel. I know she shouldn't be alone, but I think I've realized that guinea pigs just aren't for me. I've had a difficult time becoming attatched to both girls. So, I just don't know what I'm going to do.

KPIGGY

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

pennick

Cavy Slave
futureguineamom said:
Hey, I just lost my dear Malaika. :weepy: The vet said she is (was) old and there was really nothing we could do. So now it is just Jewel. I know she shouldn't be alone, but I think I've realized that guinea pigs just aren't for me. I've had a difficult time becoming attatched to both girls. So, I just don't know what I'm going to do.

I understand completely. I am so sorry for your loss. I lost my dear Pennick whom I loved ever so much not too long ago and it was horrifying.

I had one other piggy at the time and I swore I would never get another. As a matter of fact I was so devastated, I didn't have anymore interest in guinea pigs whatsoever. If someone at that time offered to take my other piggy I probably would have been more than happy to part with her.

Please be patient. Time will heal your heart and you will feel better. It did for me. As a matter of fact I adopted another piggy as a companion for the one I wanted to get rid of. I am now getting alot of pleasure from them.

Be thankful that your piggy died from old age and had a wonderful life while you had her. Don't do anything right now while you are feeling so low. Let some weeks go by before you decide what you want to do.

I got another piggy because I felt guilty for the surviving one Nickel, but to be truthful, Nickel may have been happier by herself. She tolerates the new piggy, that's about it.

Anyway, let some time pass and then see how you feel. Once again, I am truly sorry for your loss.

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
:hug: Awww... I'm so sorry for your loss :( It's hard to lose a piggie, especially when they're so close to your heart.

At least she passed on knowing she had a great life with you. :eek:

JennG

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry for your loss but like pennick said, give it time. You may change your mind and want to adopt a friend. If you still feel the same, I hope you can find her a good forever home. Just don't jump to anything until you have time to heal.

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Thank you for all of the support and kind words.

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
:hug: We're all here for you :)

cavy-cool-crazy

Cavy Slave
I am so sorry. Malaika was beautiful and she knows you loved her and did everything you could for her.

I felt the same when I lost a very much loved dog 4 years ago. I felt as though I couldn't love another dog again, but after realising just how much the other dog we had (and still have) comforted me and needed me, I know that if I was offered the chance to take in another dog I would. It's tough losing a beloved pet, but time does heal. Take the time to grieve Malaika. You'll know better what you really want to do in a few weeks or months. Don't make any decisions while you're so emotional you may later regret.

Take care. xx

RyanR

Cavy Slave
I'm also sorry for your lost. Just take it one day at a time. Time does heal painful wounds.

Chloë-Jasmine

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't give up your hope. It's so hard losing a piggy, I know that first hand. We're all here for you. :hug::hug:

Slap Maxwell

Cavy Slave
I know how you feel, like Pennick, I lost my Maia and felt like I was losing my heart with the pigs. Time heals it and gets better. Don't make any decisions on a whim. Good luck and I am sorry for your loss.

daftscotslass

Cavy Slave
Completely agree with what everyone above said. Sorry for your loss and know that we're here for you to vent to if you need us xx

fourbwabbys

Cavy Slave
I'm so sorry. She had a fabulous life with you and Jewel. Just give it time. Take care.

zambonigirl

Cavy Slave
Like everyone else said, give it time to heal, but don't force yourself to want any other sort of pet, maybe piggies *aren't* for you. I'm just sorry that you don't feel as though you'd bonded with them! Feel better.

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Thanks everybody. To top it off, I just split up with my boyfriend of over a year.. I mean it was my decision but it still hurts. Ugh. I'll be okay, thank you for your kindness.

JackSpicerRules

Cavy Slave
o_O More hugs for you :hug: :hug:

zambonigirl

Cavy Slave
futureguineamom said:
Thanks everybody. To top it off, I just split up with my boyfriend of over a year.. I mean it was my decision but it still hurts. Ugh. I'll be okay, thank you for your kindness.

So...I'll eat chocolate ice cream, and you eat chocolate ice cream, and we'll just sort of pretend like we're sitting together on a big, comfy sofa under a really warm throw blanket, watching stupid movies like Conan The Destroyer and Clash Of The Titans or something ridiculous like that, and sort of virtually have a girl's night in...

Really, feel better. And remember that the universe has a sick and twisted sense of humor that won't just let us have one thing at a time.

WritingLife

Cavy Slave
Aww, I'm sorry to hear it. It's always hard when a beloved pet passes on, no matter how peaceful it might be. I lost a kitten this summer who was too sick to live. The vet tried everything, but one morning he woke up and couldn't walk. I wrapped him in a towel and just held him until it was over. It's painful as all get out, but it's also an honor to see them out of the world in as peaceful and loving way as possible.

nissa

Cavy Slave
I'm really sorry for your loss. I'm sure Malaika knows how much you cared for her.

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
So...I'll eat chocolate ice cream, and you eat chocolate ice cream, and we'll just sort of pretend like we're sitting together on a big, comfy sofa under a really warm throw blanket, watching stupid movies like Conan The Destroyer and Clash Of The Titans or something ridiculous like that, and sort of virtually have a girl's night in...

Really, feel better. And remember that the universe has a sick and twisted sense of humor that won't just let us have one thing at a time.

Thank you ZamboniGirl. I wish I had people to do that with. You made me smile. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.