Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Carpet for bedding

minspets

Cavy Slave
Wonder if I could use Carpet ( New Ofcourse, and the one like use in office which has not much fur ) as bedding while putting Breeder's Choice Cat Litter in litter pen.

david

Cavy Slave
It would probably stink. I can just picture it. The guinea pig urinating and defecating on it day and night. Even with plenty of bedding some will seep through to the carpet. Do you really want to have that? It would probably be a nightmare to clean. Try linoleum.

morrigan

Cavy Slave
As long as you clean it once or twice everday.

minspets

Cavy Slave
Is she smart ?

Oh thank god, my GP is seem to be very smart, she only urianed in the pen that I provided ( A4 size , lot of Bredder Choice Cat Litter ) and enjoys on the carpet for food and resting. So far, tested for 2 days and no sense of peeing on the carpet.

Treen

Cavy Slave
If you can get hold of some vetbed ((broken link removed)), that would probably be better than regular carpet. You can wash it and it's designed to absorb urine and draw it away from the surface so it doesn't bother their feet and skin. Normal carpet would become rotten if exposed to urine, and anything which you use in their housing area should be changeable or washable even if they're not peeing on it.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
I think you mentioned you are using cat litter. I thought that was poisonous to piggies if it is eaten.

tashagurl

Cavy Slave
Not that kind.

cavylover
  • Post hidden due to user being banned.

mncavylover

Cavy Slave
Ok, sorry. I stand corrected, if cat litter's safe, go for it! =)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.