Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • If you need a specific country prefix that isn't listed, please contact the staff.

UK Easy to make!!

Da_3_mad_pigs

Cavy Slave
Easy to make!!

I have just bought my first c&c cage. It is a 2x4 for my 3 boys, but we are adding on a secong storey soon. Most people think that the materials to make a C&c cage a quite hard to find in the uk...but your wrong. I got two big 8x5 sheets of white correx from my local sign shop. Lucky for me, one hadd just opened down my street! It cost me £13 for the to sheets. But the man did a deal with me that if i waited for another person to buy some correx, then they would have to pay for the postage (15 pound), and then he would put mine in with his, so i didnt pay any postage!! mo ho wa ha, mo ho wa ha!!:cool: We then ordered 3 packs of grids from (broken link removed), they were the exspensive part, £65, for 3 packs. But its not so dear if you are onky building a 1 level cage, because then you will onky need 1 pack. So the uk isnt that bad(except for the weather...we want snow people!!!!)

Well, I'm glad you found the parts... That's what I did when I was short on cash, went to the dollar store and bought 16 cooling racks and put them together with wire ties. It works just them same, except it takes a little bit more time. I really like the little lights! Obviously, don't let the piggers get ahold of them. (I'm sorry, I feel like a mom, everytime I see something that MIGHT be SLIGHTLY unsafe I end up giving a saftley lesson) Grrr... you say you want snow until you actually get it. Canada's snowy and my feet are cold and I refuse to leave the house except to goto work. That's right my bf does the shopping... lol. I'm glad your cage worked out!

Thank you! :)

P.s, the lights say 'I will not chase the boys'. lol. thats definatly me!

That's a really nice cage - I agree that it's not so hard for us Uk'ers to build C&C cages. £65 may sound expensive, but when you think about it cages at the pet store which are usually smaller cost a lot more than this. My cage cost me £15 :D The coroplast was in the attic and the cubes were a fiver a pack.

Were did you gat the cubes from, thats really cheap!

I know! I got them from Poundstretcher but this was last April, so I don't know if they sell them anymore. They're silver too so they look nice in my room. They were reduced from £10 to £5, so I bought 3 packs (39 cubes)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.