Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pooh Bear and Eeyore! <3

madisonaryanna

Cavy Slave
Hello everyone!

I'm a college student from Houston, TX and this is the second time in my life to own piggies! I have two boars, one is 1.5 years (Pooh) and the other I was told is about 1 yr. Pooh Bear is the orangey and white colored one, and the gray and white is Eeyore. One was adopted from a shelter and the other I got from a woman with kids that weren't interested in the pigs anymore.

(lol at the name "Pooh Bear" leading to a dog costume link)

Attachments

16776216_10202888776218054_1800335853_o.jpg 16790718_10202888776138052_1776267767_n.jpg 16805183_10202888776178053_1547023267_o.jpg
They are adorable!!! Welcome to the forum ♥

Very cute, and welcome!

I'll admit I'm a little amused that you didn't go with the very obvious "Piglet" pun name, haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a reason for that! Lol! I had a guinea pig before named Piglet that we rehomed to a nice family. He was far too loud 24/7 for my place of living, he was even making noise all night! He bothered my sleep, my boyfriend's sleep, people around us, he was the noisiest piglet EVER. I got headaches from it. Poor thing but he's likely happy with his new family now, they were nice!

That makes more sense then, haha! I have a pig who's loud like that, fortunately my family is very deep sleepers. I can understand how that would get very frustrating.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really hated to rehome him, he was just way too loud. My pigs now make some noise of course, but it's a reasonable amount and usually when they're excited or hungry. Piglet would be chilling but at the same time wheeking loudly continuously. It just drove me crazy. My boyfriend and I are the lightest sleepers ever, lol!

I can understand that! Thankfully my boys are very quiet lol, unless it's veggie time! I'm a light sleeper and a full-time student, so I need my sleeps! It's wonderful that you found him a loving new home. Sometimes you have to do what's best for your health as well, if you can't sleep then you can't be at your best to care for your piggies. I used to have insomnia, so I know how hard you can crash after awhile! Your new babies are gorgeous by the way!

HAHA yes mine are also quiet unless I bring out the hay bag, then they both run around the cage in circles and popcorn so hard they sometimes smack into the cage. It's funny because usually they already have some hay in their cage but they still get excited when they hear the bag. I hope he's doing well!! I'm also a full-time student and a light sleeper, so you get it! I hardly sleep anyway and he was taking away the little sleep that I do fit in, loud little guy. While I'm talking about it- do you think most guinea pig babies are so loud? I kinda thought it was maybe because he's a baby (a month or two, I was told about a month but he seemed a little older) but it was just absolutely ridiculous how often he was making noise. I'd hold him and he'd call out so loudly you'd think I was hurting him (definitely wasn't). And thank you!!! A woman was selling her pigs on craigslist because of her kids wanting something new (go figure... get several pigs then they soon after get tired of them and want a kitten) and when she said Eeyore was the last one left, omg, such a pretty pig haha. And submissive too which was great!! Two criteria - submissive and male, because Pooh is SOOOO dominant lol

Oh my gosh, they are such cuties! I'm obsessed with the names too. Makes me want to go with Disney names for future pets!

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.