Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Embossed Matte Plastic - used in place of cloroplast?

Elsnar

Cavy Gazer
Hi all! I'm a new member but I've been lurking on this site for a while. I'm in the process of building my first C&C cage for my two guineas, and I'm going to make it either 2X4 or 2X5. I'll decide for sure tonight when I am (hopefully) building it. I've gotten all my C&C info from this site, so thank you all so much! I do have one question for you all, though.

So I put in an order last night at Home Depot for two closet shelves (for the top) and the 48 in X 96 in piece of cloroplast. Got an e-mail this morning that they were actually out of the coroplast :( I checked online at Lowes and found this: (broken link removed)

The comments say it can be cut with a box cutter (like coroplast) and it rolls up (so maybe flexible enough to fold the sides?), but I don't know how similar it is (or not) to coroplast. Do you guys think this would work for the bottom? I'm going to be covering it with towels and fleece (trying fleece bedding for the first time too!).

If not, I can get the 72 in X 36 in coroplast from Home Depot and shorten the sides (thanks again for this site!), but then I would be limited to the 2X4 cage when I was leaning more towards the 2X5. There are sign shops about 30 miles away, but they have standard M-F, 8-5 hours and I work and won't be able to go down there during the week. Plus I was hoping I could build it tonight, but that's just me being impatient :p

Anyways, any input would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!:)

Did you ask for corrugated plastic instead? That's the generic term for it.

Home Depot has it termed as coroplast, they just ran out of the size I needed. Lowes has one option for corrugated plastic, but it's too small too. I'm also looking into maybe vinyl tiles instead, but not sure how that would work (I'm trying to research the other posts here about vinyl though!). I was just wanting to check if that embossed plastic might be able to work, since it is big enough for me to cut down to the size I need and would be easier than vinyl or combining multiple coroplast sheets (which I read isn't the best option?).

Look at the store locator here -- they've got the cheapest prices around: (broken link removed)

Try home depot
(broken link removed)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.