Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hello. <3

Cavy Passion

Cavy Gazer
Hey everyone,

My name is Corey and I recently got my two young piggies named Sophie and Callie and was already looking at the forum way before I signed up or got them. <3

So I can gladly say that my two girls are in a 27 ft C&C cage. Just for the 3 days I kept them in that small cage .. Ugh I felt so horrible. Now they are in Piggie mansion.
:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I will attach photos of the first installment .. Currently my boyfriend and I are adding to it to make it 27 ft. It was 15 which the photo will depict however the new addition is almost done. (Thank god for spare bedrooms .. I mean my piggies room haha)

I will also add a photo of my girls also ... And some good news ...

I fell in love with this bore at our local humane society named Remmy and we filled out a application so we should know in about a week. Hence the cage upgrade but I also know that a male and two females can get along pretty well so obviously we will do proper introduction in a neural place etc. but yeah .. He's about 10 months old ..

/end long post lol - Just super excited.

Below - are my babies, the old C&C cage, the unfinished product of the new one. :)

Attachments

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

rotto77

Cavy Slave
hello and welcome.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
Please do NOT put the boar in with the females unless he's neutered or the females are spayed. Pregancy and labor are very hard on guinea pig sows and pups, and the death rate is high for both. The pups are HUGE in relation to the size of the sows, and one over-sized pup can easily cause the death of the sow and the whole litter. Also, it's hard to tell from your pictures, but your lighter-colored one may carry the roan allele, which carries the risk of genetic disease.

lisa325

Cavy Slave
they are soooo cute together :love:. Well done you for doing your research beforehand and building them a home they deserve :)

Cavy Passion

Cavy Gazer
Please do NOT put the boar in with the females unless he's neutered or the females are spayed. Pregancy and labor are very hard on guinea pig sows and pups, and the death rate is high for both. The pups are HUGE in relation to the size of the sows, and one over-sized pup can easily cause the death of the sow and the whole litter. Also, it's hard to tell from your pictures, but your lighter-colored one may carry the roan allele, which carries the risk of genetic disease.

Thanks for the advice. I would NEVER put a Boar into my young girls enclosure without being neutered. The ones at the rescue I go through and the humane society are fixed for those purposes. :)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.