Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Coroplast/Corflute thickness??

TarynLSN

Cavy Slave
Hey everyone,

Just a quick question.. Is there a minimum thickness Corflute should be? I can only find 2.2mm thickness at Bunnings..

I prefer to buy online and have it shipped to me as I am in a rural area and its at least 2 hours for me to get anywhere that would sell it.

In other news, I found an Australian site that sold the grids, though my purchase did cause them to sell out and it did end up being a bit pricey ($100AUD for the grids and connectors inc. postage).. So I'm pretty excited to receive those and FINALLY get my C&C cage set up :)

Thanks in advance everyone :)

P.S. I am located in Rural NSW, Australia.

xx

Soecara

Cavy Slave
Bunnings does have 5mm corflute, though it is in smaller sheets. https://www.bunnings.com.au/project-panel-900-x-600-x-5mm-white-corflute_p0390162

I ordered my corflute online because I wanted bigger sheets so I wouldn't have to tape them together, but I was only able to find one place that would both post to me and accept paypal however they only sell bulk packs of 10 sheets, I also wanted 5mm just to make the cages more sturdy. It wasn't so bad for me as I wanted to make several cages and the spare sheets I could store for later and use for other purposes (such as connecting to the back of my inside bird cages to help prevent as much seed spilling out of the cages). As it was a bulk pack that was shipped to me it was far from cheap (around $390 for 10, 2440mm by 1220mm 5mm thickness sheets). Here is the place I got mine from, corflute is listed as "corrugated flute" (broken link removed)

TarynLSN

Cavy Slave
The most common (and standard) thickness for Coroplast here in the US is 4mm.......which is the size that we use for our cages. There is a thicker version, but it is much more expensive and not many outlets carry it.

The 2.2 Corflute is likely to be too thin and flexible to work well for a cage. That doesn't mean that you can't use it, but I'm not sure that I would want to put a lot of effort into the cage construction, only to have it bend, warp, or break. Have you investigated sign shops? It is a material often used in making various types of signs for short-term use outdoors.

Unfortunately I'm in quite a remote area, 2 hour+ drive to get anywhere that would stock corflute (sign shops etc.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TarynLSN

Cavy Slave
Bunnings does have 5mm corflute, though it is in smaller sheets. https://www.bunnings.com.au/project-panel-900-x-600-x-5mm-white-corflute_p0390162

I ordered my corflute online because I wanted bigger sheets so I wouldn't have to tape them together, but I was only able to find one place that would both post to me and accept paypal however they only sell bulk packs of 10 sheets, I also wanted 5mm just to make the cages more sturdy. It wasn't so bad for me as I wanted to make several cages and the spare sheets I could store for later and use for other purposes (such as connecting to the back of my inside bird cages to help prevent as much seed spilling out of the cages). As it was a bulk pack that was shipped to me it was far from cheap (around $390 for 10, 2440mm by 1220mm 5mm thickness sheets). Here is the place I got mine from, corflute is listed as "corrugated flute" (broken link removed)

Thank you! Somehow I missed the 5mm corflute at Bunnings, though I would prefer larger sheets too. This is something I could keep in mind if I have no luck elsewhere. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.