Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Pet Show (What Can I Do)

• Thread starter futureguineamom
  • Start date

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Okay, I plan to attend this pet show for educational purposes only. Please view both links.

This one is for the show information:

https://pets-show.com/index.htm

The second one is to tell you more about what is going on:

https://pets-show.com/showFeatures.htm#dogDeomo

I was thinking of making fliers or pamphlets to set out at different destinations throughout the show. It is three days long. I plan to ask a lot of questions such as "Where do you house the animals for the three days that they are here?"

What else can I do? Any suggestions are welcome. Especially for questions. Thanks in advance.

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
Not puttting a dampner on things, but have you got permission to hand out leaflets etc?
I have a feeling the show organisers won't exactly welcome you with open arms. They dont like their "fun" spoilt.

Barbara

futureguineamom

Cavy Slave
Do you have any other suggetions? There is going to be over 40 breeders. Along side having a humane society there. Among other things.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I think that most dogs and cats are not warehoused at the show for the entire three days. There owners really tend to them the entire time, and bring them with them to the hotels at night. I am not seeing a small animal exhibit at this show, is seems to be dogs/ cats/ fish / birds. Maybe they just don't advertise that?

If you want to sneak around a stack of brochures, then I suggest being really really sneaky, because if you get caught, I am sure you will be thrown out.

CavyKind

Cavy Slave
Cavies-and-Kids said:
If you want to sneak around a stack of brochures, then I suggest being really really sneaky, because if you get caught, I am sure you will be thrown out.

That's exactly what I was thinking...

Barbara

Solebomber

Cavy Slave
Actually by the the looks of it you could probably just ask the folks running the show if you may pass out leaflets, if they have invited the humane society as well as the local SPCA I really don't think they are trying to hide anything.

C&K

Cavy Slave
Yeah, but passing around anti breeding / anti showing pamplets is not exactly going to be well recieved. This is after all, a pet trade show that is breeder and show friendly. Honestly does not sound like the worst of the worst kind though.

Solebomber

Cavy Slave
Actually they appear to also be promoting the adoption of pets as well as educating the public as to responsible pet ownership, with advice on care and requirements such grooming, vet care, how to travel with your pets etc. It appears to be as much of a "pet" show as it does a breeder/show promotional show, so I don't know if it warrants the leaflets/pamphlets - take them with you and make that determination after you check it out. and do keep us posted on how it goes and your opinion of how it was run and the care of the animals that were being shown or lack there of.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.