Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi I have a question

wheeker

Cavy Slave
Hi I was just wondering about having fleece in the pigs cage. Do you put it in and change it every other day or something. Do you reccommend fleece or shavings? I might change to having fleece.

ilovemykisses

Cavy Slave
Put something absorbent under the fleece and depending on how many pigs you have you'd be washing it ever few days.

Go to the bedding board and read through the topics.

wheeker

Cavy Slave
Thanks. What do you mean when you say something absorbant?

Percy's Mom

Cavy Slave
Check out the threads in the Bedding and Hay section of the forum. This question has been asked many many times. https://guineapigcages.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6

As far as something absorbant, you can use newspaper, towels, puppy pads, mattress pads, or some combination.

wheeker

Cavy Slave
Thanks. Sorry about typing that twice! That happened on the other page that I did. I think something is wrong with my computer. It shows something one minute and the I go back and it isnt there. Ill get the hang of it eventually.

C&K

Cavy Slave
I use newspaper and flannel sheets under my fleece. I have a 2x4 C&C, and change it over every 2-3 days. Spotclean it a couple of times a day.

DocDolittle

Cavy Slave
I use super absorbant bath sheets(large bath towels) from target and either a fleece blanket or another type of soft, easily washable blanket that tiny bits of hay won't get too stuck to. (I'm not even sure what the material is, but the boys love it and it's soft.)

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.