Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Cage Something Like This Good Enough ?

Rejoyterng

Cavy Gazer
I'll take 2 baby guinea pigs(both female sisters) and i'll build a cage like this :
Something Like This Good Enough ?
(I'll add stairs between them)

Is something like this good enough? My room doesnt have much horizontal space so cage will go vertically : )

Hi! Yes. If all the floors attach together, it I'll bee enough room. Bug if they aren't, than it's not. Have a wonderful day!

Hi, 2nd and 3rd stories are only good for extra usage if the main floor has the appropriate square footage. Guinea pigs like to do laps from my experience (some people call them zoomies). That's the reason that vertical space does not replace horizontal space. They need room to zoom around doing their laps.

I'd also like to add that not all guinea pigs are comfortable with heights and may not like using ramps to get to the other levels.

If you are planning to build, maybe you can make an L shape or other odd shape to take advantage of the space you have.

I'll take 2 baby guinea pigs(both female sisters) and i'll build a cage like this :
View attachment 76243
(I'll add stairs between them)

Is something like this good enough? My room doesnt have much horizontal space so cage will go vertically : )

As long as the main level is 8 sq.ft, it's large enough for 2 pigs. Looks like the cage in the pic is at least 8 sq.ft., judging from the overlapped grids. That cage is at least 4ft long.

It looks like there are only 3 walls on each level and the back is open but against the wall. My concern would be if it gets pulled away from the wall even a little bit, one could fall or get a leg trapped.

Also, females will spray pee ALL over the place. You probably want to cover the back of it just to protect your wall paint.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.