Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Size 4 feet by 6 feet, ok for 4 pigs?

threefurballs

Cavy Slave
This weekend my patient husband is allowing me to double our three girls cage so I can get a fourth. Half of the cage will be completely unobstructied running /playing space.
Is it going to be big enough?

wombats

Cavy Slave
Four pigs need at least a 2x6 c and c cage or equivalent, which is about 13 sq ft. The prefered, however is as big as possible.

Now, a 4'x6' space is about 24 sq ft. Not only is this almost double the size of the minimum, but consider that half of the cage is unobstructed space (12 sq ft), they will have almost the minimum size equivalent in running space, which is absolutely incredible. As such I think you'll have some VERY happy piggies on your hands. ;)

threefurballs

Cavy Slave
Very happy piggie owner dance going on now ... I get another furbaby and my husband gets a vacuumn fort cleaning the poop. It's going to be a great weekend.
Thanks!

wombats

Cavy Slave
You're welcome! Post pictures when the cage is done, I'd love to see! You are going to have some very pampered pigs and I'd love to see their set up

threefurballs

Cavy Slave
Bought everything but the fleece, got it together and went to adopt ... I've appparently corrupted my husband because while Iwassup getting acquainted with one he was introduced to another ... So we now have five piggies. But here is the cage, just need to get pretty fleece now that I know the exact size.

IMAG2186.jpg

wombats

Cavy Slave
Oh wow, what a nice cage! It's so roomy, they're going to love it. Also are all 5 pigs going in the same cage? If so it's still more than enough, just so you know. 5 pigs need a 2x7 minimum and your's is way past that. You're going to have such a happy little herd ahh I'm so jealous yet at the same time really happy for them. It just really warms my heart to see something like this. :)

And what is your cage made out of, by the way? I can't tell what that is, but it's really nifty. :)

threefurballs

Cavy Slave
Wire shelving from Lowe's. We went to seven places for the wire grids ... So we improvised, lol. And yes all in there.

wombats

Cavy Slave
Well dang! It looks really good for a bunch of wire shelves, actually...I'll have to keep that in mind if I ever design another cage, it's a really good idea.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.