Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register
  • ONE THREAD per pig please!
    We really want your pig's history all in one place to help you. Please don't start a new thread for a new issue. Just reply to your old one. We can edit the title for you if needed.

Parasites Alfie and Peter might have ringworm!

LilPiggies3

Cavy Calm
Cavy Gazer
I got 2 new guinea pigs 2 days ago, I treat them well and carefully.
The cab I was in was shaking very hardly though, and I heard clawing from the box with the two scared piggies in.
Today, I was looking at their fur, some patch of fur from Alfie was gone. I said it wasn't important, shook it off my mind. But then, later on the day, I could see another small patch of fur missing from his ear. He was shaking himself alot. Then I saw Peter's patch of fur missing, just like Alfie, and got scared. I checked their ears, but no red or pink. Also Alfie's eyes are closing alot, it might be getting crusty. I cant' check in their nose to see if it's runny, or it's teeth, because they don't allow me to pick them up yet. Help?!

I would take them to the vet. Make sure it is an exotic vet. Take them ASAP. But it does sound like a fungal infection, here are some products to consider https://shop.gorgeousguineas.com/manuka--neem-shampoo-250ml-79-p.asp and https://shop.gorgeousguineas.com/coconeem-melt-220gm-215-p.asp

Thank you. I might buy it. There are no vets nearby, and i can't take the risk of picking them up when they are finally settling in. I'd like the vet to come here if they can, I'll try that. thanks.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.