Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Coroplast Alternatives Coroplast alternative

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
So we will be traveling soon. We are the bringing the pigs with us. I will fold up there c and c cage and their gear but I am not bring the coroplast due to space limitation. What is a good base liner to purchase to use once we set up at our destination? They are in a 3x2 c and c

Nicks Pigs

Cavy Slave
You could use a shower curtain liner. They are $2-3 at walmart. You want the plastic/ vinyl curtains, not the cloth ones. Good luck on your move!

cavycrazy1107

Cavy Gazer
A nice base would be a table you could buy once you are there. It gives you height and a nice base. PLexiglass, or grids would work well with it.

bpatters

Staff member
Cavy Slave
I use plastic tablecloths from the dollar store when I'm traveling. I do make sure the pigs can't get to them to eat them, however.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
A plastic table cloth or tarp, lots of binder clips to clip it up with. A back up cloth/tarp encase a hole develops.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
If you are going to visit family you could try a hard plastic wading pool, you can get them for like 9 dollars. They are about 10" high.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
If anyone cares about our little trip: We have been at our destination for about a week now. Travel went well. I had them in a smaller store bought cage in the car, but now they have been in a rebuilt c&c cage. I was using a shower liner and fleece/uhaul, but after a couple of days, I had to find some wood pellets. So I have since switched them. So far doing good. They are eating/drinking/pooping like normal. Not so scared. Prolly looking at another week here and then going back home.

lunarminx

Cavy Slave
I hope you are having fun! Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

mamaduck71

Cavy Slave
We made it back home on Wed the 15th. 2 weeks (wheeks) on our trip and I think the piggies did fine. They got plenty of attention due to where I stayed has pigs, and she is the one that got me to get some pigs and my friends children know how to properly handle pigs. Shower curtain liner did it's job, however I think I will try something new next time. I am done with the uhaul pads. I am wood pellet user for life now. I had uhaul/fleece in their temp c&c cage and I hated it. I looked up to see if a store nearby sold pellets and I found it. I also put some pellets in there travel cage (store bought cage) and it worked fine. All in all, they did ruffly 950 miles on this trip. Not all at once of course. I am glad I was able to bring them with then have a neighbor come in once a day to feed them and not give them an attention.

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.