Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

Hi!

Rocky5

Cavy Slave
I'm Joann. I am the owner of Blake, a 8-11 month old male, and Gibson, a 4-8 month old male. Blake lives in a 3x4 grid cage while Gibson lives in a 2x5 grid cage. I used to have 3 guinea pigs but then 2 of them died around the same time. I rescued Gibson off of Craigslist for Blake. They were offering him as live bait for snakes... He does not get along with my Blake so he has his own cage for the time being. I am happy to be on this forum as it is probably the best guinea pig forum out there. Happy weekend!

Welcome to the forum!

How did you introduce the two of them? With cages that size, they really should be able to get along with each other.

I put them in the extra bedroom for floor time.

First I gave both of them a bath. Then I rubbed each of them with the hay I use. Then I put Blake at 1 end of the bedroom and Gibson at the other. They ran toward each other and Blake tied to mount Gibson. Gibson then proceeded to attack Blake. Blake bit Gibson behind the ear making it bleed slightly but other than that no major injuries. I cleaned the 2x5 cage then separated it into 2 2x2.5 cages with a divider. I held it in place with 2 flimsy zipties. They would fight through the bars and rumble and their hair would be raised. Then 1 of them chewed through the zipties and they attacked each other. I was upstairs with them cleaning when I head them fight again. I put Blake in a pet store travel cage I have for emergencies vet stuff and vacations. I went out and bought some supplies and built the 3x4 cage for Blake. 2 days ago I tried giving them a bath together but 3 seconds in they fought. I going to get each of them either a spayed female or a baby male or an old male as a friend.

Last edited:
Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.