Where People & Piggies Thrive

Newbie or Guinea Guru? Popcorn in!

Register for free to enjoy the full benefits.
Find out more about the NEW, drastically improved site and forum!

Register

I'm a newbie! Terri Janson

terrijanson

Cavy Slave
Hi I am Terri Janson.

I'm not very good navagating on this site but trying. I have 3 piggys. Ziggy (Peruvian)...Binky (American)...Opie (Abyasinian). All boars. I am 58 years old. I also have dogs
as well. I look forward to chatting with others that have the same addiction :eek:

I have a first question. What do others use for a brush on the Peruvian piggys? I am currently using a worn out toothbrush.

CavyMama

Cavy Slave
Hi Terri,

Welcome aboard! Don't worry about having a hard time navigating the site. You just signed up so as with anything, it just takes time to get used to where things are. In the mean time, feel free to ask. We were all in the same boat at one time.

As for your Peruvian, you might want to get something other than a toothbrush. The kind of bristles a toothbrush has, won't be effective for getting down to the skin which is what is important to prevent tangles and matts. Any kind of pet comb/brush with single row teeth is going to be a better option.

miniver

Cavy Slave
Welcome Terri. We'd love to see pictures of your piggys.
I only have short-hairs but I use a comb and brush set for a baby (human baby, that is). I got it at the dollar store.

80s_piggies

Cavy Slave
Welcome Terri! I am also a Terri lol Looking forward to seeing pictures of your boys, I currently have two boars, a short-hair named Nicodemus and an Abyssinian named Alfie. Glad you found the forum!

terrijanson

Cavy Slave
Welcome Terri! I am also a Terri lol Looking forward to seeing pictures of your boys, I currently have two boars, a short-hair named Nicodemus and an Abyssinian named Alfie. Glad you found the forum!

Thank you everyone!!!!

AnnikasMommy

Cavy Slave
Welcome to the forums!!! Just do what I do, click around. LOL There is a wealth of information on this site and has been awesome helpful for me since getting our boys. This is a great group of knowledgeable pig parents. Can't wait to see pigtures. :)

maddy harper

Cavy Slave
hi and welcome

Status
This thread has been closed due to inactivity. You can create a new thread to discuss this topic.